migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the risk of being a Triptan bore .....

+6
ShelliB
estre004
Almostangela
HeelerLady
chrissypalgal
pen
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Triptan? How many a month?

At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]
At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: At the risk of being a Triptan bore .....

Post  amy Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 pm

i can only get 6 imitrex and 6 relpax a month - today was refill day! YAY! I am always out when it's time to refill. It's not nearly enough so i am slugging pain pills and phenergan to make it through the rest of the month. Evil or Very Mad
amy
amy

Back to top Go down

At the risk of being a Triptan bore ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: At the risk of being a Triptan bore .....

Post  pen Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Oh Amy, that is tough. Been there. For the longest time I got 6 Maxalt.
Then the neuro I went to see said I should get 12 so I wouldn't take so many OTC.
Then when I had to see another GP cos mine was on long time leave.
She gave me 18. But told me to try to stick with the 12.
So I have them if I need them, and somehow it takes the stress out.
Rationing when you are in bad pain is so wrong.
I hope you get by okay.

pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:33 am

pn3meow89 been reported, just so's we dont over load Ronda with the same thing Smile
Lot of jerks out there to pray on people with serious illness. This one cant even think of anything to say and is just copying posts.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  amy Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:36 am

Pen- it's my insurance company that thinks I only need a certain number of pills per month. I guess in their mind, nobody could possibly need more than that!
amy
amy

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:57 am

Amy - yup totally get that. I was allowed 8 imitrex a month, 9 relpax (which I didn't take) but can get 18 maxalt. Has nothing to do with the doctor, it's what the insurance will allow. I'm sure I could double up on triptans with no complaint i.e. have 2 scripts but to get enough of one for the month was a joke. Now that I have enough Maxalt, I don't worry about rationing them. It's created a lot less stress - just take one when I need it and don't worry about reserving it until things are at their worst.

Pen - whoops! I reported the little bugger too. Didn't see that you did. Sorry Ronda! I just hate these guys. And this one is the worst...he's copying posts and reposting them which looks legitimate on the surface. Didn't catch it until 3 posts later.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  amy Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:04 am

it is stressful to try and figure out if this migraine is bad enough to take a rationed pill for - and of course, we all know that stress causes migraines, so it's a nasty cycle!
amy
amy

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:08 am

Absolutely. When I fired the neuro and went back to my gp, he got the 18 a month for me plus a rescue med. A lot of stress just melted away. At first I worried that I was going to burn through 18 too quickly in a month (I was having them daily), but I think I've only had one month where I needed all 18 (that first one). Now I just take it as I need to and it's one less thing to "manage". But a lot of people have to ration it and it's no way to live. Sad
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 am

Amy, ask you doctor to contact your insurance company. It worked for me.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:33 am

estre004 wrote:Amy, ask you doctor to contact your insurance company. It worked for me.

Wish that would work here.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2