migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very discouraged...Botox

+8
Paradox
Mishkyn
amy
Petzi
sherri b
AZgirl
lesherb
pen
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty Very discouraged...Botox

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Had Botox 10 days ago. No change. Even though I was told it might not work until the second or third treatment (because I have had the headaches for so long) it is quite disheartening. As this is my last hope. It feels as though all is for naught. Like everything that I have tried. Life was not meant to be lived this way. Just had to have an outlet. And this is the place.

Back to top Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty Re: Very discouraged...Botox

Post  pen Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:12 pm

So sorry Gail. I cant even decide whether to have it or not.
I am so sick of disappointments.

We cant do anything but commiserate and be here for you,
and we are.

Its no life is it??

Sad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Keep at it! You have 2 more treatments to go before you can be sure it's not for you. I know you hoped it would work the first time but you can't give up before you give it a chance!

I'm pulling for you!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Right, don't give up. See if another round is helpful.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty thanks

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:25 pm

oh, i will not give up. it is just that it feels as though i am heading for another failure. when there have been so many already it begins to destroy your spirit. i am f______ exhausted from all of this. thanks for the words of encouragement though. pen- if you do not try it you will never know. the fact that you can get it at no charge perhaps is the universe suggesting that you go for it. something to think about

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Awe, Gail, I feel so bad, but they are right, My neurologist told me each time would get better and by the 3rd time, that is as good as it gets.

You should keep going if it's not bothering you.

It didn't help me, only locked my neck up, couldn't turn my head for days! Crying or Very sad

I just told my husband today, ( I woke with a horrible one at 5 a.m.) I told him, I would never have guessed my life would be like this! I can't believe everyday we have to suffer, something is wrong with this picture! Sad
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty hi sheri

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:44 pm

yes, who would have ever thought life would turn out this way. i will continue with the treatment of course. the shots do not bother me. btw i take it the butterbur lost effectiveness for you...oh, btw again, that is really a nice new photo. life should not be this way. did you see the article on finding the gene that causes migraine....they say they have.

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Gail,

I am so sorry that the Botox hasn't worked yet. I know how it feels to try out something new only to find it doesn't work yet again. So frustrating!!!

I would not give up on Botox completely yet. The success of it very much depends on finding the right injection site, the right dose and on the skills of the surgeon. Botox never worked for me when I went to get it for cosmetic reasons. Once I found the right doctor who actually knew what he was doing I learned that the dose has to be high enough to stop the muscle working 100%. The dosage for cosmetic use of Botox reduces the muscle function only by about 50%. That’s enough to look pretty, but not enough to help with the migraines.

I wish there was anything I could do to cheer your up.

Love and a big hug!

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:43 am

Yea, so much for the Butterbur, I still take it just to finish what I have purchased, but when it's gone, it's gone, I won't buy anymore. It worked for about a month.

thank you, I took the photo in the woods at my camp. I love going there, there are not pressures, or expectations from anyone there. A great get a way! I have found lately, that I don't want to be around anyone. I love being alone with my little dog. I know that is not healthy, but it's what I want right now.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  amy Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:31 am

I'm getting ready to try botox too. Of course, hoping for a miracle, but trying to be realistic! A friend uses it and it has really helped him.
amy
amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mishkyn Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:36 am

Dear Gail,
So sorry you have been disappointed. No matter what we tell ourselves when we go for a new treatment, deep down I think we really get our hopes up and think that this may just be the ONE!

As Leslie said, you do have two more tries coming, and I know several people have not responded well to the first or second. One thing a past dr told me was that you must try to map out for him/her exactly which places hurt so they can know where to place the injections.

If the dr has one of those machines that picks up which muscles are in the most severe tension, he/she can use that as the guide for the shots.

Keeping my hopes up for your eventual success. How much time do you have to wait between treatments?

Boy do I know how it feels to think this is your last chance, and I know how utterly discouraging and soul-sucking that can be. And you sure hit the mark when you said, "life was not meant to be lived this way."

When people tell me that everything turns out for the best, I wonder how 38 years of constant pain, growing ever worse, could ever be meant to have a good reason behind it. Well, the people who say it generally have lives that are basically pain and worry free---I would love for them to have my pain for just a couple of decades and ask them what great lessons they have learned.

Keep us up to date, and best luck.
Mishkyn

Mishkyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:54 am

Gail,

Back when my insurance stillpaid for bottom I had five rounds of it. Three were successful. What they did was change was the site of the injections slightly to find the "right" spot.

If my insurance paid for it again I do it in a heart beat. The three times it did work was blessed relief.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty thankyou so much everyone

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 am

Thankyou so much for all the heartfelt replies. It does help to know I am not alone in this. And, yes, you are right when you say the injection sites could be changed. And the dose. No the doctor does not use a machine to find the sites. You can only have the injections every 3 months. Any sooner and they will loose their effectiveness. To Sheri: I completely relate to wanting to be alone. I love the idea of having a get away in the woods. You are fortunate in that. And you deserve it. Again, thanks for all the replies. I can hear that all of you understand this despondancy. (sp) My best to all of you.

Back to top Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty to Mishkyn

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:56 am

I know what you mean when you say that people say everything will turn out for the best. I used to be one of those people who believed things are as they were meant to be. Ha! And that everything has a lesson. A learning experience if you will. Well, another ha! Now I believe that it is simply the luck of the draw. I have seen some pretty nasty people in my life and they do not end up with all of this to deal with. Explain that to me. I better go or I will go on forever about this. I hope you are having an ok day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:47 am

Oh Gail I was really hoping that you would get some relief. I'm sorry. Definitely don't give up. You know the points that the dr injected this time didn't work so next time you can try different locations. Hang in there.
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Becky, I love your butterfly! Did you take the photo yourself?
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissypalgal Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

So very sorry. Have you thought about neurostimulator implants?

For without the higher, we don't have the power. May whatever life is giving you, give it back the power from above. It sure is stronger.

Written by me.
chrissypalgal
chrissypalgal

http://throughthewordsofchronicpain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty Becky

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Becky: Thanks very much for pointing that out. I see the dr. Dec. 1st for a review. It will be interesting to see what she says. Hopefully something positive on future injections.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Sherri: I wish I could take credit but it was just a choice from options on the site. I hope to get a pic of me uploaded soon!

Gail: Please keep me updated. I really hope that you get some relief.
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty re: photos

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:13 pm

I really appreciate it when people have their photos with their post. When I can see the person in my minds eye I tend to remember their post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:51 pm

I finally have my picture on here!! I too, like seeing who I'm "talking" with. Hope everyone has a good week.
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 am

Becky,

You have a wonderful smile, and your face glows. You would never know you have migraines!

You have a good week also.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Very discouraged...Botox Empty Hi Becky

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:48 am

I agree with Sheri. Great photo. How do you manage to look so vibrant. It must have been a non migraine day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks!! And yes this was definitely a good day.
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Just posting to get rid of the jerk on the post above,,..Ronda has been informed.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum