migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do things have to be so hard...

+2
crt
HeelerLady
6 posters

Go down

Why do things have to be so hard... Empty Why do things have to be so hard...

Post  HeelerLady Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Life has just been harder than usual lately.

Ever since my girls got into it (Abby had stitches in 4 places and a drain), they've been separated for their own safety. Which means that I've been switching dogs out of gated rooms and crates every 2-3 hours. This week, it got worse as Cindy stuck her nose in Abby's crate, got bit and lost a tooth. I've been working to try to find Cindy a new home since the end of September. No takers and all the rescues are full.

This week I was contacted by someone very interested. The housing situation seemed ideal (works from home, no other pets, has had Heelers before and dogs with social issues) but you never know if they meet and there's no chemistry. Today was the day, they fell in love and took her home today. Just so hard to let her go...such a sweet dog but I know it's for the best. They walk every morning and that's something I haven't been able to accomplish in over a year. I watched her walk away with her new owner and I could see that she was going to love him. It's just like I've lost a family member...

I think all the stress has been making my head worse. It seems like my cycles are getting longer with less breaks. I'm hoping that with things settling down with the dogs, it will get easier.

Then the former roommate pulls more crap. She's decided to flee her responsibilities - moved across the country. She was dumb enough to think I'd let it go and to not raise her facebook security settings (which by the way if you use it, limit who can see your information to just friends, especially if you are trying to avoid someone). I've filed a contempt motion and she is either a) supposed to fill out her financial information and send it to me before the court date or b)show up at the court date and then fill it out. I'm betting she'll choose option c)avoid it altogether. But I had to track down addresses (work, she got a job and posted that on fb as well and her home) and get things filed and sent off to the state where she now resides. Court is set for the first Friday in December. I just want her to make payments on what she owes me and take her responsibility seriously. Is it too much to ask that she act like a grown up instead of a spoiled child?

Then the horse starts having issues. He's 25 and his digestive system is not adjusting to changes very well. So the barn owner is driving me nuts about it. I've already contacted the vet and it's common as they age to have this issue. I've ordered something to help, just hoping it does. And that they quit making even slight changes to his diet - when I talked to her last time, she was talking about wanting to give him something different! Duh, that's the whole problem, don't change anything you dingbat!

On top of it, my mom's dog is dying. He's almost 14 and has cancer but he's not eating and is drinking only very little. We have scheduled to have him put to sleep early this week (our vet is out of town right now). He was so bad yesterday we didn't think he'd make it much longer and can't bear to see him live like this, which is more existing than living. Going to be really hard on everyone and I know I'll have to support my mom - she's not handling this very well.

I guess it's no wonder my head is trying to stage a revolt. But can things start going right on some level sometime soon? Please?

Oh and then, people are driving me nuts about the head. I know they mean well but I'm doing all I can and just trying to stay above water at the moment. It's like they think they have the magic cure and if I do it, then it will all be better. I've had a couple overstep their bounds and am currently giving them the silent treatment. If you aren't going to be plain supportive, I don't want to hear it.

Thanks for the rant...I feel some better. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Why do things have to be so hard... Empty Re: Why do things have to be so hard...

Post  crt Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:51 pm

So sorry! I think that not only do our critter friends feel like family members. They actually are family members emotionally. You have several buckets full of critter issues and migraine issues right now. I wish I could wave my magic wand and make everything OK. But my magic wand has been broken a long time and it doesn't look like it's going to get repaired. Sad

I don't have a dog, cat, or bird right now for various reasons. I miss having an animal friend nearby. So when I found a delightful book at a yard sale today, I had to buy it. It is called A Breed Apart: A Celebration of the New American Mutt. It is a book of outstanding black and white photo portraits of mixed breed dogs. There is no way that I can look at the lovable, adorable, and sometimes goofy canine faces without smiling and feeling good inside. Not bad therapy for 25 cents. Not bad at all!

I hope things take a turn for the better for you - today!

Chris

crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Why do things have to be so hard... Empty Re: Why do things have to be so hard...

Post  Paradox Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Oh Heeler, wow. But, I'm glad you found a good home for Cindy. It's for the best and will definietly help with the stress you're feeling.

People amaze me at how much info they share on FB! But, good for you that she is that dumb.

I've been avoiding several people for the same reason. Over stepping bounds. Between my head and now my gut every one and their brother feels compelled to give me medical advice. Excuse me for being rude, but I don't feel comfortable discussing my bowel movements with acquaintances!! Embarassed And, I will follow my Drs advice on what to eat and what not to eat, not the advice of someone whose grandmother had the same disorder.

I hope you head calms, Heeler.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi Heeler,

sorry to hear about your troubles. I am bonkers about my cats and totally understand where you are coming from. If I would have to give one of them away I would go into meltdown. At least you have the comfort that your doggy has gone to a wonderful new home now.

Love,

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:21 am

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and sending some prayers up for you. It's no wonder your head is acting up with all the stress. Hope all the issues with your beloved pets work out for the best.

Hang in there. Things have to get better soon.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:04 am

How are you feeling today, Heeler?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:02 am

Thanks for the replies. Smile

Got something trying to start. Took something and seem to be doing okay so far. I'm hoping that things will go back to 3 days of misery instead of the 5 that they've been. Smile

I got a message from the guy that took Cindy. She is settling in well and has won over his elderly mother that lives with him. I know it was the right home and am glad that she is adjusting well. I did worry that she would be sort of lost for a while but she seems to have taken to the people and I can rest knowing she's loved and in great hands.

My mom's dog is still hanging in there but isn't eating. Tomorrow will be very hard as we've slated to have him put to sleep but it is the humane thing to do. It just isn't living for him and I know my mom will really miss him.

The rest of things will just have to play out. Taking one day at a time and worrying now about things as they come.

Thanks for the care and concern. It means a lot to me. Smile

Hope everyone else is doing well or at least coping well.

HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:35 am

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your mom today. Even though we know it's the humane thing to put our pet to sleep when they're suffering so, the loss is no less difficult.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 am

Becky,

We didn't have to put him down. He passed at home this morning in my mom's arms. My mom called me shortly after 7 this morning and said he was gone. In some ways it was good that he went at home, where things were most familiar but he'd had a horrible night and I knew yesterday that the end was very near. It was easier that we didn't have to make that choice but hard because we knew he was suffering. Now he's gone, in no more pain and hopefully chasing those squirrels and bunnies that tormented him.

Hard adjustment that there's no small furry presence in her house any more....
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 am

Ah Becky,

I am so so sorry. We had this with our last and will be facing it soon with Saf.
Losing a member of the family is so hard. I couldnt even read it without a tear.
{{hugs}} to your poor mum and to you.

Sad
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:43 am

Sniff, so sad. Poor little mutt! Sad

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:52 am

This is so close to my heart. Saffy is 13 and a half and has been ill recently. Becky helped us get her will with advice.
But I know it is only a matter of time.....I cant help but cry for Bucky, even though I never knew him.
I am such an emotional drip these days...

Sad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:09 am

Pen,

Pain does some bizarre things to our emotions. Makes me more sensitive to things.

But on the flip side, Bucky was almost 14 and had a good life. He'd always had allergies (food and environmental) and the steroids we were warned would probably shorten his life. Sadly it was cancer that took it. He had tumors in his mouth that were causing troubles for him and we suspected that they were elsewhere in his head as he was having seizures and possibly strokes. At the end he didn't even look like the dog we knew. He was a Shih Tzu and had lost so much weight and hair that he looked so sad...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down