migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird migraine

+2
Kate
LG
6 posters

Go down

Weird migraine Empty Weird migraine

Post  LG Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 pm

I am sitting here in sooo much pain. This time its my left eye. Highly unusual.
Also, I have auras in my right eye. Super weird. My fioricet didn't touch it. Had to wait
5 hours to take anything else. I went in bed and couldn't fall asleep, just sat there in pain
clawing my eye out. I wouldn't be suprised if I have bruises there from holding it so hard.

UGH.

My husband is off to his dads to get me some strong butt vicodin. I can finally take it
now the fioricet is out of my system. I'm still seeing odd things out of my right eye.
My left eye wants to pop out of my head and my husband better hurry up. If this
doesn't work, i'm off to the ER tonight because the aura isn't letting up.

And now i'm noticing after re-reading my post how many things I screwed up. Maybe
my topamax but I confused my rights and lefts every time and had to delete half the post
because of confusion. Didn't even notice the errors until I reread. I'm at a high stroke risk, and
since all the posts lately I've been worrying about it. I'm only 22 though, I'd like to think
i'm invincible like superman. What do you guys think about this weird aura and confusion?
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Weird migraine Empty Re: Weird migraine

Post  Kate Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:02 pm

I know someone who gets aruras for several days. Not sure if this is what you are describing but I get migraines in the back of my eyeballs all of the time. It can be pretty painful.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:25 pm

I don't mind that it's not stopping. I don't like that it's in my right eye and my migraine
is on my left side. Thats usually not normal.

Yeah the migraine in the back of my eyeball thing is exactly whats going on.
Its that and spreading out a little to behind my ear. But yeah, I hear ya on the
pretty painful. I'd say more than pretty painful. I'm at an 7/8, when I lay down
it goes right up to a 9/10.

Wheph. Where's my husband with those vicodin?!?! affraid
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  LillianLovato27 Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:28 pm

I think it is a bit concerning. I feel for you.
I get these light and noise sensitivities and I can't stand it.

Man, I could imagine...I usually have my migraine on the left side, if started hurting on the right...I would flip.

Hopefully the meds help you and don't have to go to the ER
I wish you the best

(ps. don't worry your not the only one with confusion Very Happy )
LillianLovato27
LillianLovato27

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Sending you {{{{{hugs}}}}}, Sweetie

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks for the love guys. My hubs walked in the door right after the second post with
the vicodin and it's kicking in now. Thank god! I feel much better! The aura is still there though,
its really freaking me out. I've never had a migraine where my aura was on the opposite side
of the pain.

Anybody out there get that before? I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe i'll wake up in the
middle of the night and the m will switch sides to the aura side. I really hope this isn't the start of
another 3 day extravaganza. I'd be sad.

If that were the case, what are my options? I've never actually gone to the hospital to
be treated for an active migraine. I went for my very first one when I lost my vision but by the
time my mom got me there, my pain was gone. Do I call my neurologist first? If so, what
treatments do they offer to break the pain? I take the pain pills but as soon as they wear off
the migraine comes right back again. If i'm going to go somewhere I want it GONE not just
on vacation.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel328 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:19 am

Sending you love! Glad the vicoden is helping your pain. Call your neuro as soon as they open! If they have a "push 0 to talk to receptionist" do that. You're scared and that's not helping your situation.

Then let us know what happens.

Rachel

Rachel328

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Woke up this morning migraine free thank goodness! Still gotta talk to the doctor about
the aura on opposite side of pain. That just seems strange to me. I hope I remain pain free,
so far so good tonight.

Last night hubs cooked chicken cutlets and let em fry on the stove. Egh, I think it was the
smell that triggered that beast.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Sooo glad your feeling better. I know how scary new/intense symptoms can be!! I get Aura in both eyes very frequently .... never actually recognized any consistency with side of head that pain was on. I would let your Neuro know about it for sure. As for ER....I have gathered that it just depends on the staff treating ya what you'll get. I have never gone for an M other than my first one and I was pretty sure I was dying...lol. They gave me IV dilaudid (beautiful) and steroids and IV fluids. I don't know if it helped or not b/c they also gave me a LP (spinal tap) to check for encephalitis and the draw sight in my spine leaked so I was leaking spinal fluid which is THE WORST THING to EVER feel. Off the charts head pain, constant vomiting, couldn't walk, talk, write...ughh!! I had an emergency blood patch procedure and felt way better.

My point was (wow what a tangent I went on...lol) Even though you can't be sure how helpful the ER will be, if you ever find yourself questioning if something life threatening is happening (i.e., possible stroke) it's better to be safe than sorry. Also your hubby sounds somewhat supportive, so he can help you make that call. Mine does. I've gotten close to going a few times, but he's rubbed my head, freshened my ice, talked to me awhile (asking questions to help me think through things right).

Again, really glad you're feeling better!

Jessica
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down