migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

klonopin..what side effects have you experienced with this?

5 posters

Go down

klonopin..what side effects have you experienced with this? Empty klonopin..what side effects have you experienced with this?

Post  Greeneyes Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Sorry, Hope I spelled this correctley..this medication has knocked me out..sleeping and lot and making my balance off which wasn't good to begin with..If you take this what side effects have you had..I feel woozy and I don't drink alcohol..will this wear offf? Thank you.
blessing,
greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

klonopin..what side effects have you experienced with this? Empty Re: klonopin..what side effects have you experienced with this?

Post  Paradox Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Hey Greeneyes

I just started taking Klonopin and by golly it knocks me on my a#%.clown

BUT, I am only taking it for sleep. I don't think I could function if I had to take it during the day. I take quite a few opioids so with my tolerance I wasn't expecting such a wallop.

I can see how it would be effective for anxiety, but on the other hand don't see how you'd be able to get out of bed much less work.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

klonopin..what side effects have you experienced with this? Empty Re: klonopin..what side effects have you experienced with this?

Post  Sara79 Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Can I ask what dosage you've both been given? I've got a RX for 0.5 mg klonipan for flight anxiety, which I take obviously an hour or so before take off. I get mellow, but it doesn't knock me out, I've even driven to or from the airport with it in my system.

Thanks!

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:31 pm

I don't have anxiety at all..he thought with the different meds it would give me good results..since I have insomnia a lot,

My dosage is 2mg.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:08 pm

I can tell you that my daughter wishes she had known more about klonopin before she started taking it for anxiety. She took 0.5mg 3 times a day for over two years. It did help her anxiety but she noticed some disturbing side effects - cognitive ones. When she decided to go off it she found it to be very hard and she really had to do it slowly. It's a benzo and they are very addictive and can really do a number on your brain and make it extremely hard to get off. Your brain wants more and it's very hard to get off it once you've been on it for several months. I would suggest you google it to get more information. It really didn't help her headaches and migraines.

Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:18 pm

greeneyes,

Klonopin is pretty strong. It can help some with migraines and other neuro issues like spasticity and tremor...some neuromuscular pain too. It helps really chill out the CNS.

It's long-acting and takes a bit to get into your system. If your'e taking it for sleep, then taking it a couple hours before bed (faster absorption if you don't eat anything before bed) you'll get drowsy much earlier. Your body does adapt to it over time. 2mg is a "good sized" dose.

Taking it over time will help with the duh feeling. As your body adapts to it, you should feel better.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:03 am

I take it to help me sleep (.5mg to 1mg.) But the down side is I have trouble waking up. It's very sedating. Sleep
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey Sara,

It's 0.5 mg and I can take one or two. I just take one. I'm guessing it's the combo with the opioids that's making me so sleepy with it. I've been taking it every other night.

I still get up to go ti the bathroom two to three times but I'm able to fall right back asleep instead of laying awake tossing.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:51 pm

OK, thanks for responding.

Greeneyes, I'd guess the reason its effecting you so much is the size of your dose...literally 4 times what paradox and I take. I could see it making it easier to sleep if I was taking it at bedtime, especially at that dose. If you are using it for sleep, and you think a smaller dose would still let you sleep, you might ask if you can either split the pills, or get a script for a smaller dose.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down