migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie-Vent/Need Some Advice

+11
AZgirl
moominamy
Stillhurtin
rileyoday
CluelessKitty
Brain Pain Mom
alli
sailingmuffin
tecky
LG
LillianLovato27
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newbie-Vent/Need Some Advice - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie-Vent/Need Some Advice

Post  LillianLovato27 Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 am

lovegia wrote:Sorry Dan.

How about cars, you like cars..we can talk about cars! HAHAHA!!!

Lillian, hows it going? Haven't seen you post in a bit..
Hope all is well and school is going good. Smile

lol!

I know I have not been posting for a while. I have been busy with dunt dunt Dunt! no migraine!!!! Well, except for this morning, but it's very little so I am sort of happy.

Last weekend I was acting more like my happy joyful self. I practice by ballet for about an hour to hip hop music, it is so random cheers . I cooked dinner for my family... Cashew Chicken on Saturday & Spaghetti Casserole on Sunday.

Everything is coming together; getting somewhat better.
LillianLovato27
LillianLovato27

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Very Happy Smile Laughing Razz Wink I love you pirat alien cat bounce cheers sunny santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek flower albino cherry

I need more happy emoticons! Thanks for letting us know Lillian!!!!

Random dancing is the best!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi Lillian,
I seem to have neglected to say hello. I too am sorry you found your way here because of such a need.
They are a great bunch on this forum. I have got so much from being here.
We exchange opinions and findings, we share info, and we are allowed to vent and commiserate.
It doesnt take the pain away, but it is sooo good to know you are not alone.
These people really understand and empathise like others cannot.
Stick around,
Pen

Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  thegirlwithbrowneyes Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Lillian,

First off, beautiful name, my niece is 5 months old and her name is Lillian. (Just an aside).

I'm a newbie here too. I was recommended this site by someone in a Yahoo chat room....I'm 26 and have been suffering with Migraines since I was 5. That's when I experienced my first migraine with Aura.

Over the past 21 years (WOW 21 YEARS!) I have had periods of time when I'd go without migraine. When I was 16 however , I remember going through a very long period of constant migraine. It was horrible...my friends didn't understand...I mean, they'd say "It's not like you have cancer!" Well, to me it felt worse, because no one could tell me what was causing them. The school nurse actually thought I was making them up. I had a Science teacher tell me I was just making them up and refuse to let me go to the nurse, Karma got him back because I threw up all over his classroom because after 2-3 days of a migraine I finally just start throwing up.

As a young person, I felt so helpless. I felt like the doctors weren't listening to me. I rreally just had to take a stand and tell them, that even though I was still a teenager, I knew what was going on in my body and I knew it wasn't right.

I am currently suffering with migraine 4-5 x's per week. I'm newly married (Got married Dec. 12) and my husband isn't quite sure what to do. I've been without insurance and haven't seen my nuerologist in 6 months but I have an appointment February 3rd.

I've taken Imitrex, Treximet, and now I'm on Relpax (It's so expensive my insurance only covers 6 pills per 30 days and with 16-20 migraines a month you can see where that is a problem. These are all rescue medications.

As far as preventives go, they had me on anti-convulsants (anti-seizure medications) starting at the age of 12...they eventually quit working.

I've taken Topomax but as I've recently told the group on the site, I couldn't take the side effects, I felt like 10000 ants were crawling all over my body, I actually ran around the house screaming at the age of 19 and my Dad caught me and gave me a Xanax just to calm me down until we could get back to the doctor. Since then I've tried Topomax one more time, but it yielded the same effects.

I am currently taken Prestiq as a preventitive. You may recongnize is from TV commercials. It is most commonly used as an anti-depressant but they have found that it works well as a migraine preventitive.

I'm glad you stumbled upon this site. I'm glad I did too. For the first time in my life I feel like I am with a bunch of people who GET IT!

I will be praying for you Lillian, and I really hope it gets better for you really soon.

Laci
thegirlwithbrowneyes
thegirlwithbrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  LillianLovato27 Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi Laci,
Thanks for sharing with me.
I am just started taking topamax... so I will see how that turns out. I am so sorry to hear you have been a sufferer for that long. We can just hope for the best right.

Oh, this is cool it is my first time doing time...
Welcome to the site! As you can see everyone says that you can find support, advice, a good laugh, and a shoulder to cry on here... and they are right! This site has helped me emotionally, I wonder how I lived without it. I hope it benefits you too. Very Happy

Nice to meet you,

study Lillian

PS. I love your picture! (I have a thing for weddings it's my guilty pleasure ) Wink
LillianLovato27
LillianLovato27

Back to top Go down

Post  thegirlwithbrowneyes Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:56 am

Maybe you should become a wedding planner Wink Let us know how you do on the Topomax. I'd love to hear how you do on it. I'll be praying you have luck with it!

Laci
thegirlwithbrowneyes
thegirlwithbrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  LillianLovato27 Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:21 pm

A wedding planner is my dream job, but what I really want to be is a wedding cake designer. I will keep you all posted on the topamax

Thanks for the support,

study Lillian
LillianLovato27
LillianLovato27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2