migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really rough time- need advice/ vent

4 posters

Go down

Really rough time- need advice/ vent Empty Really rough time- need advice/ vent

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:55 am

Hi All,

I am going through a really rough patch with the migraines right now and i am not sure what to do.

Nothing that I have on hand seems to be working well. Plus, the IV I had last week didn't help much at all. I am just not sure where to go from here. i am going to the Cleveland Clinic for the fainting problem in mid-november, will also see a neurologist about headaches- just to see if we can do anything else.

I had to cancel volunteering this morning and I absolutely hate doing that. I just feel kind of useless right now. For the past few days, I haven't been able to do much of anything at all due to headaches and fainting. It is bad right now. I am curled up on the sofa waiting forr meds to kick in. Also, I am having pretty bad nausea with this one- zofran has helped, so did ginger and an injection of phenergan. I just hate this.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. any advice welcome.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Really rough time- need advice/ vent Empty Re: Really rough time- need advice/ vent

Post  Kate Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:49 pm

It seems like you are doing all that you can do. I've come to the point were I have accepted that this is the way it is and that maybe after menopause they will subside. Other than that, I'm stuck with this freaking pain....

I know how you feel. This week has been bad. I had to cancel an appt yesterday.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Really rough time- need advice/ vent Empty Re: Really rough time- need advice/ vent

Post  Mini Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Not much advice to offer you tonight Sailing, just wanted to say that I feel so sorry that you missed your voluntary work, but mostly that you are in so much pain.
Fighting this condition is like chasing shadows, you never know where you are at any moment in time. Still, things do not stay the same and they change; some of us can manage to get this condition under more control, and even if takes long time we need to keep trying, we must never loose hope.

In meantime on such bad days, sharing your frustration with people who go through similar experinces, is about the only comfort available to us.
So do come and vent Sailing, as often as you need to - we understand.
Hope tomorrow you will get a better day.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Hugs!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down