migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Migraines - I need info

4 posters

Go down

Silent Migraines - I need info Empty Silent Migraines - I need info

Post  Ivy Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 am

Last month my dad had a brain MRI because because of bad labyrinthitis.
They found nothing serious but the white spots which are typical of migraine sufferers. My father has never had head pain in his life despite in his family migraine runs a lot.

Talking with him about migraine symptoms, I've found out that my daddy often has dizziness, nausea, sudden and unmotivated depression moments, high sensitiveness to noise and light, temporary fatigue.
We've always thought that his mood changes were due to his hyper sensitive temper, but I am beginning to think that instead they were the typical symptoms of silent migraine!

I also remember that when I was a kid I used to see my dad throw up without an apparent reason and then lay down in bed with dizziness and nausea for hours. He used to point the finger towards the fact that he had his galbladder removed when he was 35, but it actually did not make sense....

What do you think? Anyone out there who suffers from silent migraines?

Thank you
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Silent Migraines - I need info Empty Re: Silent Migraines - I need info

Post  alli Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:31 am

Yes, my daughter gets them a lot and I get them occasionally. My son has the occasional one too. They are just as deblitating and annoying as the ones with pain. We sometimes wonder which ones are worse. I don't always get nausea with the head pain so it just ticks me off that it gets so bad with the silent ones.

Ginger helps with the nausea but the other effects just have to run their course.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:16 am

If you do a search for "phantom migraine" in this forum you can read my description of what I go through. It's weird and disabling.

-J
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Ivy,

I have some info that might be helpful to you... What Is Acephalgic or Silent Migraine?

Sounds like your reasoning is sound. Hope you get the help you need for him soon.

Teri

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 am

Thank you for your replies.
I am more and more prone to believe that my father suffers from silent migraines.
I'll try to convince him to see a neuro for this.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down