migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got something wrong with me again...figures

+2
Paradox
milo
6 posters

Go down

Got something wrong with me again...figures Empty Got something wrong with me again...figures

Post  milo Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:27 pm

I have not went to my doctor yet, because I don't want to deal with this. Stupid, I know. Feel free to lecture me, as it tends to work well on me.

I have serious health issues that require surgery every few years. The last month I've started to see my warning symptoms again.

I think I'll end up having surgery within the next few months...if I get on it now. Now is not a good time. Is it ever though?

I have a HUGE once-in-a-lifetime chance to train in a very, very specialized form of therapy. There won't be a second chance on this one. The timing is so exact that I can't risk needing a surgery again.

ARGH, life is frustrating!!!!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Got something wrong with me again...figures Empty Re: Got something wrong with me again...figures

Post  Paradox Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Milo. Not that the timing on being incapacitated is EVER good, the timing with all of us always seems to be exquisitely bad, doesn't it?

Is it a long recoup period? I've been putting one off because the recovery time is so stinkin' long.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Got something wrong with me again...figures Empty Re: Got something wrong with me again...figures

Post  alli Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:16 am

I hear ya. I put off surgery on my shoulder for 6 months because I didn't want another surgery (that one was my 9th). Surgery just sucks. Between the anesthesia to the trauma of the actual operation, it is just one huge painful experience. But the end result is better than not doing it. There's a reason why we need to go through that. Don't put it off so long that you end up making things worse.

Hopefully you can get the training in before you have to do the surgery. How long is the training course? Will your health issues make it difficult to participate and complete the training? Think about that too.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh, Milo, sorry to hear that you need surgery to start with, and sorry that it is a conflict with your training plans. But that's a good point about how you can manage through the training while delaying the surgery. Will that be ok? Hope it's going to be alright.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:54 am

Put your health first or all the training in the world is worthless. You know better (and your doctor) if this is something you can put off. That will be great if you can. I would do the same.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 pm

Maybe it's not as bad you think. Talk to your doctor and then make the decision. Knowlege is power.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:08 pm

I booked with the doc. I'm doing so under duress...alas, but I must. I dread another surgery, I had such a horrific experience last time. UGH.

Mind you, last time I forced myself back to work early as I was mentoring students and couldn't find it in myself to let them down. Perhaps this time I could take the entire six weeks to recover. Smile
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:31 am

Good luck to you!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:10 am

This training will only ever be offered this one time. They are flying the doctors in from the US to teach us. This is one time only federal funding, and in our economic times, likely never to resurface again. I MUST be on this bus if I want to arrive at the station.

The good news is that our health care system sucks so bad that it will likely take until at least next year to get in for the surgery....unless of course I end up back in excrutiating pain again.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:15 am

Where do you live Milo?

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 pm

CANADA! I know, everyone seems to think we have a fabulous health care system here, much in part due to Michael Moore, but it's not so wonderful.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 pm

I was just wondering because the US has excellent health care and I'm worried it won't be so great when they do their overhaul. Everyone will have health care but how good it is and how much it costs is going to be a different story.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:02 pm

I have my ultrasound booked...so I did go in like I was supposed to. UGH. Wish it was legal for me to order tests and meds for myself. lol
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:55 pm

tough choice milo, but you can't take risks. hope things balance out for you.

good luck!
mgb

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm really upset today. I'm sick and the boss just announced that upper management is looking at sick time. This is a time of serious job cuts, so no job is safe. This week a worker that's spent the last 35 years with the "place" just got axed. Every week there are more lay-off/
displacements...something I have never seen in my field....ever.

Today I've got a bunch of symptoms including a spiking fever. I'm going to work, which is really very wrong, as I shouldn't risk getting others sick if it just happens to be a minor but infectious cold.

The bigger problem is that I think the fever isn't from an innocent cold and is yet another indicator that I'm overdue on a surgery.

As usual, my head is bad, but tolerable along with the other symptoms.

I'm also extra pissed off about this because I'm just getting properly on track with my workouts.

Ok...thanks...I guess my little pity party is over now. lol
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:57 pm

How nerve whacking to be worried about your job security in addition to every thing else. I'm upper management but get very nervous when the office door is "closed" and the phrase "we have to talk about something". I'm scared to death it's ME we have to talk about!!!

I'm off so much and am worried at some point they're going to get tired of me working from my bed.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:12 am

My career is secure, my job is not. So I try hard not to put too much energy into worrying about that.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:30 pm

I got the ultrasound done today. Doesn't look good. BUT...I've survived many things and this can be just another I suppose. Smile
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down