migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vicki G., how are you fairing?

4 posters

Go down

Vicki G., how are you fairing? Empty Vicki G., how are you fairing?

Post  Paradox Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Have your folks left yet? Sorry, my memory is terrible.

I wanted to know how you're holding up. Has your nurse found you a cutie patootie yet? cyclops
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Vicki G., how are you fairing? Empty Re: Vicki G., how are you fairing?

Post  VickiG Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:09 am

Hi Charlotte!

I actually just got out of bed to get on the computer to post because I'm feeling the stress of their leaving already. My parents and other family members don't go until Monday, August 2, and while I know in my head, they should be just fine, I can't be alone with myself without the worry starting up. I have to put on my audio book to go to sleep by, or I will start to stress.

It's ridiculous! I know they'll be fine! My mom even mentioned when someone else asked about this that the State Department hasn't even released a warning about the election at all, which is the main source of concern. The only warning they issued was about the areas near Uganda, which are nowhere near where my church will be. And my church will be working closely with native Kenyans who know exactly where it is safe for them to take Americans and where it is not safe. So I really don't have good reason to worry.

But that doesn't help any, does it?

I had such an exhausting weekend, with my dad's being in the hospital and having to go to the baseball game, that when my therapist called me today, I was too out of it to talk, so he arranged to call me tomorrow (well, today technically). I'm going through my percocet too fast too, but what am I to do when my head hurts too much?

I'm just a big ball of stress at this point. I think I've had the concerns of "what if?" for too long.

And no, I won't see the nurse again until August 19, so if she finds a man for me, I won't know until then. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it would be nice.

My best friend told me today that she had hoped to try to hook me up with her husband's close friend this weekend. He wanted to go to the baseball game, so she tried to get him to go with my group, as we had two extra tickets. But he went on his own. But it's just as well, as he lives in North Carolina, and I don't know how I could handle living that far away from my parents and my support system. I'd have to have my husband do everything for me, and that wouldn't be very possible if I have as many doctor appointments in the future as I do now.

Oh, and I may run into complications with appointments for the next few months. The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (my dad used to run the water side) has recalled my dad to be in charge of trying to spearhead their effort to increase water rates. Last time he had to do this, it made him physically sick, so my mom and I are not too thrilled. Besides, he'll be so busy with that that it'll be harder for us to get to the doctor, since my mom isnt' always well enough to drive.

Thanks for thinking of me! It's been a rough weekend, and I havent' been on the computer much the last several days!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:30 am

Hang in there Vicky. Anxiety is a toughie. I stress like heck when my kids have to fly anywhere as I have a deep, abiding fear of flying, so I understand where you are coming from. But stress and anxiety are not good for us. Is there something you can do, a hobby or project that will keep you occupied? I find that when I keep my mind busy with something else, I don't stress as much on things I can't control.

You know we will always be here to listen and help as much as we can.

Hugs
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Vicki G., how are you fairing? Empty how are you?

Post  dawn.binks Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:04 am

wondered how you are vicky? is your dad doing well, hope youve got bits and pieces sorted to do while away, is there any voluntary work or something you can do while the family are away, we have lots of little things in the uk lke a library collection person where you go and choose books for people wo are housebound and its a real lifeline for them. a good note vicky is that your family obviously feel you are able to cope with them all away so thats really good that they know you so well and know you can do it. keep us posted! flower
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down