migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My crazy, sweet nurse is out to find me a MAN!

3 posters

Go down

My crazy, sweet nurse is out to find me a MAN! Empty My crazy, sweet nurse is out to find me a MAN!

Post  VickiG Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:29 am

Yesterday I had an appointment with my headache doctor before going on to the ER for treatment for my migraine (I had allodynia, where whichever part of my head touched the pillow was the part that screamed out the most in pain, so I couldn't stand to lie down and hence didn't sleep the night before). When the nurse took my vital signs prior to the appointment, I mentioned that I'm really not looking forward to being home alone while my parents are away in Kenya for over two weeks (NOTE TO RONDA'S: I'm likely to get pretty depressed during this time, so if I sound too morbid, please make me call my therapist! He said he'd even talk with me over the weekend if I need while they are gone!). I have a history of severe depression when I'm home alone, so I'm pretty nervous and doing what I can now to schedule seeing people while my parents are gone.

Heidi asked me if I have a man to come over and keep me company, to which I replied, "I wish!" So she immediately decided that she is going to try to find a man for me! All of the nurses in neurology are really sweet and have great personalities. So after my appointment, when she was getting my after-visit paperwork done, she asked me, "What kind of man is your type?" I told her Christian (since there were too many conflicts arising when I dated a Muslim, even though he wasn't an acting Muslim). So then she asked me how tall a man I want and how old and whether he could have kids. I said probably not to the latter because I can't see being able to take care of kids in the state I'm at.

So she told me that there are several eligible men who come into neurology, so she'll find someone for me and get his number and take a picture of him. "Soon," she said, "you'll be coming in for double appointments!"

Wasn't that sweet of her?
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

My crazy, sweet nurse is out to find me a MAN! Empty men

Post  dawn.binks Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:48 am

it was sweet but go carefully, and dont just meet him on your own!!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

My crazy, sweet nurse is out to find me a MAN! Empty Re: My crazy, sweet nurse is out to find me a MAN!

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Woohoo!! Perhaps you'll be too busy to miss your parents, then!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

My crazy, sweet nurse is out to find me a MAN! Empty Re: My crazy, sweet nurse is out to find me a MAN!

Post  VickiG Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:58 am

Dawn, I rather doubt that anything will come of it; I took it more as a joke than anything else, but perhaps Heidi will come through with someone. But I definitely would be careful about meeting him if something did happen. I've read all the advice about meeting someone whom you've met only before online. They say to each meet at a neutral place and have someone to check in with after an hour or two, which should be the length of a first meeting anyway. In my case, if we met anywhere neutral, I'd have to have my parents drive me and pick me up again. But it's safer than having a strange man know where you live, in case he becomes weird. My ex-boyfriend (not the one you all "knew") stalked me for a week after I broke up with him, so I'm cautious.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down