migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Disney-philes on our site (i.e.Leslie!)

2 posters

Go down

For the Disney-philes on our site (i.e.Leslie!) Empty For the Disney-philes on our site (i.e.Leslie!)

Post  VickiG Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:26 am

My first video! Thanks for the instructions on how to post them! This is a video of Disneyland's opening day, hosted by Art Linkletter.

VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

For the Disney-philes on our site (i.e.Leslie!) Empty Re: For the Disney-philes on our site (i.e.Leslie!)

Post  lesherb Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks, Vicki! It must have been thrilling to be there at the beginning. I think Walt Disney was a very special person with a wonderful sense of possibility.

When contemplating who I wish I had met in person (who is no longer with us), Disney is him.

The closest I've gotten was to forward the Census document containing Walt and his brother Roy's names (listed when they were children, back at the turn of the 20th century), to Roy's son (also named Roy). He wrote me back and thanked me for it. Sadly, he passed away earlier this year.

I know it sounds silly but Walt Disney's nephew, who knew Walt in person, was aware of my existence for just a moment in his life. Which means.....my name went through his brain matter which is the exact same brain matter that knew Walt! It's almost like the Kevin Bacon game....I can link to Walt in just 2 steps!

I know.......I'm silly!

£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

For the Disney-philes on our site (i.e.Leslie!) Empty Change in Avatar

Post  lesherb Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:28 am

And in consideration of the topic, I've ditched John Lennon for Mickey Mouse!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

For the Disney-philes on our site (i.e.Leslie!) Empty Re: For the Disney-philes on our site (i.e.Leslie!)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down