migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alli, here's a great site for wedding pic albums (and other pics)

4 posters

Go down

Alli, here's a great site for wedding pic albums (and other pics) Empty Alli, here's a great site for wedding pic albums (and other pics)

Post  Paradox Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:40 pm

My son and DIL gave me a delightful hard cover book full of their wedding pics very professionally arranged. I thought their photographer had prepared, but my DIL did! She did it with a template at the site.

They had purchased the copyright to their photos so she was able to use all the photograghers pics. She said it was inexpensive.

I'm going to make two more books. One of wedding pics just of Robert ( he LOVES looking at pics of himself ) and another one for my MIL. For her book I'm going to ask all the relatives on hubbies side of the family to send me their photo files of the wedding and I'm going to make her a wedding book that just includes her kids, grand kids, etc.

I had no idea you could get hard cover books at this type of price. I wanted to share the source with yo

u.Www.mixbook.com

Last edited by paradox on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Alli, here's a great site for wedding pic albums (and other pics) Empty Re: Alli, here's a great site for wedding pic albums (and other pics)

Post  Brenda Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 am

Something appears to be wrong with your link. It didn't work for me. We had something similar to what you're talking about done with pictures we took from our honeymoon. You lay out your pictures and can give them captions or write a story to go with it. It was beautiful! I'm thinking about doing one with pictures I have of my nieces and nephew. Their house burned downl and my brother lost all the photos of his kids when they were little. We did it through snapfish.com
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Alli, here's a great site for wedding pic albums (and other pics) Empty Re: Alli, here's a great site for wedding pic albums (and other pics)

Post  Paradox Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks Brenda, I fixed it.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 pm

As soon as I can figure out why my compter and home will not connect to the internet, I will put an album together. It is so freakin annoying.... just stopped connecting. I think my wireless card died. Sad

alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:13 am

That is so cool! I want to make a book now! I just don't have a good topic with lots of pictures to use. But maybe I can get camera crazy all next year with the international students and make a book just for our group! Wouldn't that be cool? For that matter, several of them take pictures regularly. One guy is a semi-professional photographer. In other words, he can't legally charge for his pictures, but he's good enough that he could be a professional photographer if he had a visa that let him work off campus. He doesn't come too often though. But I'll see what I can do about rounding up pictures from other students in the group.

It would also be a great method of showing off our ministry to my church too. Because we don't meet during regular church hours, people aren't as aware of our group as they are of other church activities. The pastors in the church do what they can to promote it when we have an event, but I still have the sense that most people don't really know what ISI is all about. To put together a book like this would be a great marketing tool, and I'm really pushing to try to get some young adults (we'll be losing our only "American" college student this year because he'll be transferring from community college to Cal State Chico) and men (once Joel leaves, only my dad and one other man, who is extremely busy and only makes it about half the time, will be the only "American" men.)

I should clarify that the reason I use quotation marks around American is because our group is very diverse, and not all the people from my church who help out were born in the U.S. So they're Americans by having been here a long time, and some might even have citizenship now, but not all do, as I know one young woman has a green card.

I think I'm also going to forward this site to a friend of mine, my last roommate before I moved in with my parents, because she is a very avid photographer and does amazing work. I bet she'd really enjoy putting some of her pictures together in a book like that. She is going to school in Kent, England, and has some great pictures of the country. She has a curious heritage, as she is an Indian Jew. One of the so-called "lost tribes of Israel" settled in India and maintained the Jewish culture and faith, enough so that Israel recognizes them as being Jews and having the "right of return" to Israel. She moved to the U.S. when she was 11 and now has U.S. citizenship. And the reason she was my roommate was because she was doing a study abroad during her Ph.D. work. Since she was studying in England, where should she go but the U.S.? Isn't that funny?

I'm starting to see all sorts of applications for this website's programs, and the books are very cheap to have printed. I could put together something from the pictures that my parents and others bring back from Kenya. Wouldn't that make a nice memory album of the trip?

Thanks for posting this site! I'm getting excited, thinking of all the possibilities of photo books that I could make!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:42 am

I know Vicki! I wish I had enough pics to go back a do a retro book of my wedding. But I had a very small wedding and not to many pics.

It would be fun to do a "This is Your Life" book
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm actually thinking a book like that could be a good one for a wedding present as well. I'm thinking of this for my nephew and his fiancee. If I can get pictures from her family, I could do a story... pictures of each of them when they were growing up, then pictures of them together finishing with a few wedding pictures.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down