migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worse when lying down

+9
sherri b
Kate
Ruth
pilot57
pen
dawn.binks
Angel81
milo
Brenda
13 posters

Go down

Worse when lying down Empty Worse when lying down

Post  Brenda Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:38 pm

I was wondering about this after reading through the thread about strangling head pain. Am I the only person who gets migraines that are sometimes WORSE when lying down? They aren't always like that, but sometimes lying down makes them worse and I'm forced to sit up. Those are usually the times I take to my lazy boy recliner rocker. I'll spend hours in there rocking and rocking.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Worse when lying down Empty Re: Worse when lying down

Post  milo Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Brenda, it's almost always harder for me to lay down with a migraine. Much easier to sit in the recliner. Smile
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel81 Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Definately. Sometimes lying down makes me feel more nauseous and it's like all the blood goes to your head or something.

Although, when sitting up, it hurts even with the effort of holding my head up, so I have to get the pillows arranged properly to support my head.

Angel81

Back to top Go down

Worse when lying down Empty pain

Post  dawn.binks Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 am

it is a known fact that youre worse lying down with a mig and my neuro always says to at least be well propped up in bed, its down to the blod pressure increasing in your head whhn youre lying down.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:18 am

I'm glad it's not just me. I feel better now. The times that I do lie down with them, I'm always propped up on a bunch of pillows arranged just so. When I find a comfortable position, I don't move.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:23 am

Its like the lying down in a dark room thing. Everyone asks me if I do that, and dont eat cheese or drink red wine..... affraid

I have lazy boy alike and i spend most of my of my life on it and it is NOT comfortable any more.
But lying down does not help me at all.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Worse when lying down Empty Lying Down

Post  pilot57 Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:38 pm

When my migraines reach a pounding stage, I cannot lie down either. My recliner is my bed.

I've talked to the neurologist about this, but she just says hmmmmm. You definitely have company in this.

Ann

pilot57

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel81 Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Pen, I find sometimes an aspirin and a glass of red wine helps! Not when it's at the critical stage of course, but in the developing stages.

Angel81

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 am

Brenda I had a terrible two day migraine last week, I woke at 4 a.m. and took a Maxalt and sat on the edge of my bed for a good half hour as the throbbing was much worse lying down. I was finally so exhausted I did have to lie down. After more medication and a trip to the doctor, it finally eased up the next day (after throwing up!).

Ruth

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:19 am

Angel81 wrote:Pen, I find sometimes an aspirin and a glass of red wine helps! Not when it's at the critical stage of course, but in the developing stages.

Aspirins no problem, but red wine, all wine, in fact since fibro all alcohol makes me ill.
Interesting though, given how many "cheese and red wine" warnings there are....just goes to show.... drunken

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Yes, I can`t lie my head down all the way because it feels worse. I have to have my head at an angle or sit up.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Lying down makes mine pound! Have to sit in the recliner also.....
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter_sky Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:27 am

Same here, if I lay down then my M gets worse, this is why if I wake with a M I get up and at least sit in a chair, it has been known to stop a M, certainly laying down makes it last far longer and get far worse with me. The problem is a M can make me so exhausted all I want to do is lay down to sleep, but the M makes this impossible,

Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:24 am

My migraines get so bad when I lie down, I went out and bought a very expensive chair to sit in. In fact, I can sleep in it

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:37 am

With my chronic migraines, I have slept in the recliner exclusively for the past 2-1/2 years. It helps with the neck and upper back pain as well that seem to be comorbid for me. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:51 am

Some of my friends with spinal fluid leak headaches get HA relief by using zero gravity recliners (such as here):

http://www.relaxtheback.com/recliners/zero-gravity.html

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 pm

I had no idea so many others were like me. I always felt like an odd ball. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in my recliner. Lots of you are keeping me company. LOL
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Cheryl,

Those Zero Gravity chairs are amazing. Relax The Back is where I got my chair, but it is not a Zero Gravity chair. However, it still cost a cool 2K.

Brenda,

Isn't it amazing how many of us suffer the same pain and have tried the same things to get relief? I spend many nights sleeping in my orthopedic chair. If it were not for that chair, I would have many nights of sleepless pain.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Hal,

It's probably more a case of we've all been so desperate that we try everything to find relief. I guess we're bound to have done some of the same things.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down