migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many have FB - and would you like to add a friend - me?

+7
HeelerLady
tecky
alli
VickiG
Brent
pen
lostinobx
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many have FB - and would you like to add a friend - me? Empty How many have FB - and would you like to add a friend - me?

Post  lostinobx Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:53 am

Hi all,

I have a FB page and I know a lot of you do also. I would like to add you guys who are willing to accept new friends to my page. I go by my maiden name and don't want to post it in this post because of what I'm going through with my ex. So, if any of you want to add me or if I can add you, could you please PM me. I would love to share with you my pics and also see yours - just to mainly get away from the everyday migraine issues we all deal with here at Rondas.

Thanks in advance for accepting me here, again, to this wonderful, compassionate, caring forum. I love it so much and can't wait to see all of you on FB!!

Hugs!

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

How many have FB - and would you like to add a friend - me? Empty Re: How many have FB - and would you like to add a friend - me?

Post  pen Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:34 am

I am your friend on FB and I did send you to all of the people on here that are my friends.
Did none of them accept you?
It might be because they had no idea who you were.
It is difficult I know.

If you check my friends you might recognise some of th epeople on here.
Then you can request them.

There are quite a lot of us on there, I could try again now that you have posted.
Should I??

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

How many have FB - and would you like to add a friend - me? Empty Re: How many have FB - and would you like to add a friend - me?

Post  lostinobx Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 am

Pen,

Before I posted this here, no, i didn't have any requests. Probably because no one knew who I was. But I have received some PMs today. I have not had a chance to go on FB yet, but will this evening to add the ones that I got PMs from here this morning.

Thanks for your help!! Smile

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 am

Pen can give you my name to friend request me.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks Brent - would like that! I will PM Pen for your privacy.

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Isn't Facebook a nice resource? I hardly knew anything about it until a roommate got me on it, and then I found out that a bunch of Rondanians were on it, but no one had connected with each other yet. I can't believe it's been over a year that I've ben using FB! Just beware that the apps can really draw you in and become addictive. It gets a bit annoying to read all the posts that Farmville and Mafia Wars make on the site too!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:19 pm

YOu can hide the games. It really makes it better when you don't have egg requests or something about a damn cow!

I sent a pm to friend you.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:16 pm

I don't do any of the games either so don't send me any requests for a "mob hit" or ask if I have seen your piglet that has escaped. Razz
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Brent wrote:I don't do any of the games either so don't send me any requests for a "mob hit" or ask if I have seen your piglet that has escaped. Razz

Ditto Brent. You said it so well. Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:11 pm

I just sent you a friend request. Ditto Brent's request. Thanks!
flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 am

Thanks all of you! I search and invited you last night, so hopefully you have me.

Brent. Is your profile pic a white suit or white tux??

Tecky - I didn't get a PM from you sweetie.

Oops, sorry guys, but I must confess, I do play MW. Can't help it. After I separated and moved to the beach, I needed an outlet so I signed up for FB and was talked into playing some of the games. Liked MWs so much that I still play it from time to time. My one and only vice. Promise you won't get any invites to join though! Smile

Now looking forward to seeing all of you on FB. I didn't stay on last night, only to look all of you up.

Thanks again and bunches of hugs!

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:06 am

Brent. Is your profile pic a white suit or white tux??

No way.....LOL, I have sent you his name, hope that helps....
Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:28 am

The best way to find Brent is to look at one of our friends lists. There's something about his account that will not come up in a search but he's on mine and Pen's friend lists for sure. I know there are others that friended him as well but it's not one of my better days and I'm drawing a blank on who else.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:38 am

Oops, thanks! Brent gave me his name and I did a search and that name popped up, there was only one, but it was that pic I described. I will go to one of your pages and look on your lists.

Now am going to have someone wondering who the heck that person is who wants to be my friend - too funny!!!

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:42 am

I must be having problems with my PM thingy. I have some messages in my Outbox, which to me means they haven't gone out. Pen, I never received your message with Brent's name and I never received Tecky's PM.

Anyone know why that might be?

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:50 am

probably a FB glitch. Check again now, I resent it.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 am

FaceBook probably has a "good taste" filter that keeps my name hidden as a way to protect the general public. Laughing
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 am

I finally got the right one Brent - woohoo!! You're too funny Smile

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Ha Pen! I was wondering what you were resenting......then realized you meant re-sent!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:06 pm

I'll add anyone from here to my Facebook page. Feel free to send me a friend request, just make sure you mention you're from Ronda's. I don't accept invites from anyone I don't know...even though I do play a lot of the games.

I can imagine if you're not interested in them, the spam would be a bother. Thank goodness for the filters. There are a few that I don't play and have them blocked. Mafia Wars being one. I'm big into the new FrontierVille. It's my new favorite. I also enjoy Farmville and CafeWorld.

Those games are my sanity some days when I don't feel well enough to do anything else. It helps keep my mind occupied for awhile.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:08 pm

I wonder makes PMs get lost? I have three in my outbox that have been sitting there for months. The outbox means I sent them but the person hasn't opened it yet.

The messages are to people who post regularly and who I PM occasionally. It makes me wonder if they can see it on their end.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 am

paradox wrote:Ha Pen! I was wondering what you were resenting......then realized you meant re-sent!

Ha Ha Charlotte, see you got there in the end..... Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:29 am

When you said that you can hide the games on FB, do you mean all those posts that say, "So and so just reached this level in Mafia Wars" or asks for help in building a barn or something in Farmville? How do you do that? I tried looking in settings, but I didn't see anything that seemed to do this. I would LOVE to stop getting all those annoying messages, as it seems I'm the only one who no longer plays all these games.

Has anyone noticed that Richard has 3,531 friends? Where do you find them all, Richard?
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:46 am

Vicki, when the post shows up hover your mouse over to the right of it and it will offer "hide".
It will offer hide the application or the sender....just click to hide the application.
You can also go into applications and block them.
I am afraid I do, my head cant handle all that extra stuff, but I know some people really enjoy them
I am not a gamer...

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:55 am

A few weeks ago I trimmed about 1/4 of my friends. It was getting ridiculous how they were using it like Twitter and completely clogging it up. I started missing posts from family and my close friends. If you have hundreds of FB friends you will miss a lot of posts and it starts defeating the whole concept.

A lady I work with has over 500 friends and pretty much misses anything me or other people in the office post there. She always like my pics I put up but so far has never seen them until I tell her. Then she has to dig up my wall to see them. And she has all the games blocked also.

So my rule of thumb is keep it at 100. I am at 103 now so that means I need to do some more pruning.

There have been some important causes that I wanted to get the word out on. I know at least 1/3 of my FB friends would have signed the FB petition but they never even saw it.

It can go from a very cool social networking concept to a complete joke real fast. You can see this for yourself by looking at who replies to your posts usually. It will almost always be the person that has less then 150 friends.

I connected up with an old friend and landed a great job thanks to FB. And that further reinforced the need for me to manage it to keep it useful.

Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next