migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

colloid cyst answers finally!!

Go down

colloid cyst answers finally!! Empty colloid cyst answers finally!!

Post  dailyha-rose Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:33 pm

hi, all

have not been on in a while. i saw the neurosurgeon two fridays ago. in the end i had 2 ct scans, 1 open mri (great but did not give the view/picture needed) 1 sedation mri (not bad and they let my husband sit in the loud room with me) and two appts. with the neurosurgeon.

my cyst was not noticed on my 2005 ct scan, but only realized after my 1st ct scan at the hospital in may. they just did not realize it was there until comparison. it has only doubled in size. it could have been there for years since i had'nt a ct-scan before and the mri(s) from previous years never showed it or it was not visible. anyways it would have to double in size before this surgeon would consider surgery. it is in a bad place(spinal column/spinal fluid area) but my ventricles look fine. some people decide to operate because they can't stand the threat hanging over them but i am going to go for the monitoring option for now.

in two yrs i will have another mri and see the surgeon and discuss if the cyst has grown or not. it might never grow. i might be looking at surgery if it grows at the same rate. but that would be (at the earliest) in 2015.

so that is the end of the colloid cyst scare. still do not know why i had 4 days of dizziness and/or vertigo.

thank you everyone for all the good advice and best wishes, i am glad that may and june are over with.

i am so thankful to have you all as friend.

will be glad to explain open and sedation mri(s) if anyone has questions.

thanks again,

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

colloid cyst answers finally!! Empty interested

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes, I would like to have an open and sedation MRI explained. G.

Back to top Go down