migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas...

+4
Olee
lesherb
LG
02R96
8 posters

Go down

Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas... Empty Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas...

Post  02R96 Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:52 am

If you don't want a buzz kill you might not want to read this post. It's just venting really...

I went to the MD today to get a Toradol shot and an early refill on my Norco (only 3 days). I got the shot with no problem, but I was denied the refill; I was told it had to wait until my PCP was back on Monday. So I left without pressing them for a reason (mistake on my part). By 7 Pm the Toradol wore off and my migraine started ramping up. I'm at about a 7-8 right now. I have no effective meds now to get me through Christmas Day. I've maxed out on my Imitrex, but without the Norco to follow it up, it wears off in about an hour anyway. An ER trip is out of the question as I cannot afford the $100.00 out-of-pocket expense.

I was in such a bad mood last night. My daughter who is home from college trashed the kitchen cooking and baking stuff for a dinner with her boyfriends family, leaving me the mess to clean up. My wife was working tonight and she had asked me to vacuum the house. I HATE that smell of washing a greasy pan and it just killed me to do it. But I packed the dishwasher, hand washed what was left and got the vacuuming done. Then I had to wrap some gifts. Whee.

Right now I'm so not in the Christmas spirit. My head hurts, my mood is bad, I can't sleep and I'm very depressed. I'm going to try again on Saturday to get a partial refill on my Norco, like 5 pills. What possible harm would that be? As of now it's looking like Christmas Day is going to suck. I'm not a religious person as it's never worked for me and my wife doesn't really understand what chronic pain is like. So I'm on my own.. as usual.

Merry Christmas to everyone here and especially to Ronda queen for providing this site.
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas... Empty Re: Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas...

Post  LG Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:23 am

oh dan, im sorry.
Please know I feel you. Last night I was in such pain, I was up every half hour crying my eyes out.
It's been a bit since I've had a M like this and its not stopping!
My doc gave me Nucynta to try, it sucks. It does nothing but kill my pain like, a knotch.
I'm trying my best to not ruin everyone elses holiday but it is very hard to be happy when all
I want to do is hide out.

Tomorrow I have plans to spend the day with my inlaws. I'm not happy.
Its not them at all, but just the thought of more than 3 people together in a room
all talking, music playing, chaos..no meds that work. I hope I wake up with no
M tomorrow.
I hope the same for you.
Just think though,
In Long Island NY theres this girl that is sitting in bed at 3am Christmas morning holding her head because it
hurts, thinking, "Wow, theres this guy somewhere that also is probably holding his head because it hurts."
And it makes me feel a little bit better.
In any case, Merry Christmas.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas... Empty Re: Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas...

Post  02R96 Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:04 am

Thanks for the commiseration. It 4 AM and I still haven't slept yet. Good think my kids are older (19 and 15) so the "get up early for Santa" phase is long gone. I better get off here and at least try to sleep.

I've never felt more down at this point. We have an ice storm predicted and the big gathering is at my in-laws 45 minutes away and my wife is freaked out about driving in it, so it could end up being just a boring day at home.

Hopefully our heads will give us a break! pale
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas... Empty Sympathy from the South

Post  lesherb Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:30 am

I hope there was a Christmas miracle, of sorts and everyone here has woken up with no pain or at least the means to address it. (please excuse the syrupy wishes....it's not like me but I feel badly for those who have family and friends to entertain today).

I am well medicated but no where to go. If I could, I'd send you my pain free head and babysit your migraine while you enjoy your Christmas. There's nothing worse than pretending you feel well.

Feel better my friends!

Merry Christmas,
£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:00 am

Sorry to hear the day has brought such a tough time for some of you. I really hope your situations improve throughout the day. I spent the entire Christmas Eve cooking for 6 hours straight. My wife had to work and the kids, including the 19&20 year old, were spending actual Christmas day at their mom's, we've always switched it up since the divorce, so we celebrate on the 24th. This meant me cooking and baking all day. Luckily I had no major pain that couldn't be kept at bay without excedrin, due to the 25 mile drive back to their mom's house. So far today the pain is slight, but manageable. The wife and I are alone today and plan to just lounge around the house and enjoy quality time together. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hopefully as pain free as possible.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:29 am

Dan,

My sympathies to you. I can't understand the not gving you the Norco.

On Tuesday I'm going to be asking for my Vicopofen early, since they say to give 24-48 hrs notice for refills and then the holiday and then the weekend. I'll be miserable if they refuse. The only thing that got me through this week was the narcotics (that had actually been prescribed for my back).

Hoping you and Lovegia have a better day today.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:03 pm

I'm with you guys. I had an M yesterday while my brother-in-law and his family were all here. Arguing amongst themselves as usual. I wanted to scream at them to give it a break for Christmas, but I bit my tongue. I just feel like I spent so much time making dinner for them and making sure the house was nice, and the gifts wrapped etc. And it gets ruined by the bickering. Eventually, they did simmer down and it was fine.

Today, it's just Frank and I. Even though I'm still hurting, it's ok. We did our gift exchange and dinner is cooking. Normally we go to my parents', but can't this year. I am down and missing family, but trying to stay upbeat for Frank. Maybe a good dinner will put me in a better frame of mind. If not, there's always the fudge in the fridge. LOL

Merry Christmas everyone.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:00 am

Well after dealing with a headache all Christmas day, I'm calling the MD's office and making another last ditch effort to get just a partial refill of Norco to get me through the rest of the weekend. I was so tired from being up Christmas Eve, I fell asleep (sitting up on the couch) during the gift opening at the in-laws. Which was OK since everyone's finances are tight and it was just the kids getting gifts. It's kind of funny; nobody bothered me at all!

I'm already nauseated and bracing for a 6-8 today. Shocked

Well so much for that idea; the office is closed today (I'm guessing for the holiday since they usually have Saturday hours). I do have the option of contacting the MD on call but I can see that as being a holy hassle. It's going to be a long two days...

Hey they are there. I made one more attempt and BINGO! On the weekends they open at 8:30, not 8:00. So I put in my request BUT the doctors don't get there until 9:30. So I'm crossing my fingers it won't be Dr. Denial...

Last edited by 02R96 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:35 am

Fingers crossed for you!

£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:23 am

You can't make this stuff up...

1. It's a FULL refill not a partial.
2. They APOLOGIZED for not refilling my prescription on Christmas Eve.
3. Dr. Denial is the one who refilled it!!!

I'm stunned... No words.

Hmm, I wonder if they contacted my PCP...
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Lucky Smile

Awesome pain free New Year to you, Dan. Send some of that to me, alright? My office isn't open
til Monday, their answering machine tells me, go to the E.R. I laugh in the face of the E.R!

(only because they laugh in my face when I go in there with a migraine)
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:20 pm

I know, lets start a CO-OP! Laughing

Actually I'm sorry you have to wait until Monday. I know what that's like. I also know what a ER visit can be like. No

I've got so much to do today and now I can get something done without my head thumping. I hope you can hold it together 'till Monday.
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel328 Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Oh I'm so sorry I missed this thread earlier. Dan - I'm glad you finally got to see Dr. Denial and he gave you your meds. Questions answered. I'm so sorry you were in so much pain. Vaccuuming and I don't mix well together, especially since my dog hates the machine & barks at it. Glad you were able to do it.

I still have my bakeware to clean, but I don't care. Christmas for me started at 5 am because I had to get to my sister-in-laws before the kiddos (9, 4 and 1) awoke. Raging 10 all day with no meds. Don't know how I did that. We also took in my first movie (in a theater) since august... I had earplugs and could hear fine.

I want to go post holiday shopping, but the rain is keeping me in bed.
I have to finish packing for the hospital - admission on Tuesday.

Rachel

Rachel328

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:24 pm

No worries Rachel, we all had Christmas stuff to do and I'm sure you had your priorities to take care of. Lovegia and I held down the fort while everyone else was sleeping. I certainly hope your hospital stay helps you a lot.

Hey, at least there's the cruise to look forward too! What a Face
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:40 pm

So happy for you Dan. Glad you can be pain free for the rest of the holiday week!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Hoping Everyone Else has a Merry Christmas... Empty if it's not one thing it's another

Post  crt Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:51 pm

I am very grateful to say that I did not have a migraine yet this weekend and it doesn't feel like I will. But I have a ferocious flu or cold. My nose alternates between running like a water faucet to being completely stuffed up. I think I'll take stuffed rather than running. I have gone through 4 rolls of toilet paper blowing my nose. It is so sore and red. I'm not going to be able to go to my Sunday night graveyard shift tomorrow.

So, OK, not a big deal, I'm sick again. But can I just take care of myself? No. One of the many tasks I do at work is a quarterly report due to the state Jan 1. California is being pretty crappy about it. Why can't they set a due date of Jan 4 or 5th? They've got to know that it hard to get everyone on a team together and working during holiday time. Because of the nature of the report, it's not something we can start on until near the end of December. So it guarantees that we have to work throughout the holidays.

Honestly, I am grateful to have a job at all during these tough financial times. But I have to whine a little about being forced to work through the holidays and when I'm ill. Just because some bureaucrat in Sacramento feels like wielding his or her position .Fooey.

Best wishes to everyone.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down