migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triptans. How many do you actually take?

3 posters

Go down

Triptans. How many do you actually take? Empty Triptans. How many do you actually take?

Post  pen Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Following on from the other post. It seems we are all allowed different amounts, usually, is is suggested; due to cost.

So of the allowance, how many do you take...usually.

I just wondered, because they keep telling us (well here any way) of the horrors of too many.
But given we seem to have worked out that it is cost and they are not being totally honest.
How many of the dreaded things are we taking? I know Diane takes a lot, anyone close to that.
Are we busting their warnings?

I think we just might be.
If we are, and surviving, and even having a better life quality, I think it might be time for them to stop with the scare tactics...
Of course, that may not be it at all.

Pen
Oh and I get 18 a month, and usually take 10/12 of them (13 last December... tough month)

pen

Back to top Go down

Triptans. How many do you actually take? Empty Re: Triptans. How many do you actually take?

Post  pen Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:36 am

Just been told by an old friend in SLC, a friend of hers is like Diane and takes them almost every day and has done for some years.

Can I add to my initial poser:

How many do you actually take, and what advice are you given regarding that from the doctor?

I think it makes a difference. Molly on here feels better for being told not to stress about it.

How much worse do we get from agonising over the drugs because of fear of problems or running out?

Have you changed your thinking and improved because of it please?

pen

Back to top Go down

Triptans. How many do you actually take? Empty Re: Triptans. How many do you actually take?

Post  estre004 Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:24 am

I get 24/month, and the pharmacist fills it automatically whether I need them or not. I put a stop to that because I only used them as an occasional preventive and my stockpile was getting big, and they are expensive. I was only told not to wait too long to take one (take at the first inkling of a migraine). Since I'm a Migranol success story, I don't need these triptans (yet, you never know). They work wonders as a preventive though as far as I know. I have never had a migraine if I take a triptan before going to bed. Of course, I don't know if I would have gotten one anyway, but I'm assuming they do work for that. I only do it under circumstances where I can't afford to lose any "life time" and the environment is conducive for a migraine. I read about this in a book written by a doctor. There was even a name for it.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:26 am

Was this the Keiler book Linda??

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:03 am

Pen,

I'll let you know. I'm now not being berated for taking them and my doctor said to take them when I felt I needed to. But in the last week, I've taken 3. I'm going to start tracking how many I do take. I don't plan to take one everyday but just for when I can tell something is nastily brewing.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down