migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PILLOW MIGRAINES

4 posters

Go down

PILLOW  MIGRAINES Empty PILLOW MIGRAINES

Post  Peter_sky Mon May 24, 2010 7:39 am

Hi,

Has anyone found a good type of pillow useful in helping reduce M. There seem to be a lot on the market claiming to reduce migraines but I thought it may be worth asking the experts first.

I often wake with a stiff neck and this can lead to a migraine so my way of looking at it is if I can have a better sleep and the right pillow it may just reduce me migraines, Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

PILLOW  MIGRAINES Empty pillow migraines

Post  Chinookgrl Mon May 24, 2010 7:59 am

I'm not sure of a pillow but we got a new mattress a few months ago by Intellibed. It has made a huge difference in my back and neck. It has a gel grid inside and totally different from a standard mattress.

Hubby used to get numbness in the arms and that is all gone now. Just an idea.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

PILLOW  MIGRAINES Empty re: Buckwheat pillow

Post  Guest Mon May 24, 2010 10:40 am

Hi: I have recently been reading about Buckwheat pillows. They are all natural. They claim to be very helpful with headaches etc. Google them. I don't have one so I am not recommending from experience. They look interesting though. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

PILLOW  MIGRAINES Empty me again....cervical pillows

Post  Guest Mon May 24, 2010 10:43 am

I imagine you've tried a cervical pillow?? There are tons of them out there. You can either pay a fortune for one or next to nothing. Even Walmart has them. Hope this helps. My ciropractor recommded one for me years ago due to sore neck.

Back to top Go down

PILLOW  MIGRAINES Empty Re: PILLOW MIGRAINES

Post  kw Mon May 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Before I bought my memory foam pillow that has no contours, I found that I would wake up with my neck aching from not being supported enough all night. After purchasing this pillow, I wake up with no neck problems. I absolutely love, love this pillow. In fact, my husband begs me to let him sleep on it. I am going to go buy him one soon. Sometimes they are hard to find in the store. I actually found mine at Wal Mart, but it seems like they sell out quickly.

One other thing. I put a soft, not too thick, pillow under my memory foam pillow to get just the right fit for my neck. Hope this helps!
kw
kw

Back to top Go down

PILLOW  MIGRAINES Empty pillows

Post  charmed quark Tue May 25, 2010 9:41 am

I have a very damaged cervical spine. I've tried a lot of the cervical pillows, but I find the simple, inexpensive buckwheat hull pillows to be the best. The one I use is small, about 14 inches by 12 inches and about 6 inches thick. I sort of wad it up to get the perfect support. It really helps me. I got it at Target or Walmart, don't remember anymore. It's about time for replacement.

I take it with me whenever I travel.

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

PILLOW  MIGRAINES Empty Re: PILLOW MIGRAINES

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down