migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sleep does not a happy head make

2 posters

Go down

No sleep does not a happy head make Empty No sleep does not a happy head make

Post  justmeK Thu May 06, 2010 3:34 pm

I have never been one to be able to sleep well or even to get a lot of sleep. But being able to get some sleep or to at least lay down for several hours can be the difference between a manageable migraine and a horrendous one. I am about to be thrown into a horrible one. My kids are not good sleepers (which I am used to). But because of everything that my daughter is going through with my ex husband now being in her life, she is sleeping even less.

My son is a horrible sleeper but was starting to do a bit better. But last night he went to sleep for 1/2 hour, then he was up until 4:30 this morning at which time, he went back to bed until about 7am. When he got up after just 30mins sleep, I had not even yet gone to bed. By the time he went to sleep, I was already starting on a fresh migraine and was unable to get any real sleep. Tonight I am starting to pay for it and actually it isn't even night yet just 5:30pm here and I am already ready for bed
justmeK
justmeK

Back to top Go down

No sleep does not a happy head make Empty Re: No sleep does not a happy head make

Post  tecky Thu May 06, 2010 5:52 pm

It's so difficult trying to deal with a migraine when you need sleep and your children are unable to sleep too. I empathasize with you.

My oldest son was a good sleeper--never a problem. My youngest, on the other hand, was just the opposite of me. I need to go to bed early, and he was and still is at the age of 25 someone who stays up late. It just about did me in when he was little and I was working full time.

Hang in there. It will get better. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down