migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would this make you mad?

4 posters

Go down

Would this make you mad? Empty Would this make you mad?

Post  kimsmom Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:08 pm

I am very paticular about my clothes. I do not dry my clothes or my kids clothes all the way so as not to shrink them. I have been doing this for many years. On my dryer I have perminent press with a wrinkle free button that I use often so if I somehow forget to get my shirts out they will not shrink.

Well....my husband decieded to do the laundry today. I do not know why, he never does since I have told him not to do our clothes because I dry them a certain way so as not to shrink them. I do laundry often like 4-5 times a week. There was no need to do the laundry today. I had the dark clothes already in the washer to do later today when I got home from work.

He did the laundry and shrunk one of my shirts that I like a lot. One I probably cannot replace. I know he did not use the wrinkle free and had them all sitting on the couch for me when I got home. I was so mad. He said I was ungrateful. I have asked him never to do my laundry and I do not know why he did it today. I never complain about doing the laundry and I have two girls and I do not have them do the laundry for the same reason.

I am just so mad and needed to vent. Would you all be mad too?

Just blowing off steam but needed to vent.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Would this make you mad? Empty Re: Would this make you mad?

Post  Paradox Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Yes, I would be angry. I don't let hubby do my laundry for the exact same reason, he doesn't look at the care tag and throws everything together and shrinks it.

He's welcome to do his own laundry and he does, but he knows better than to touch mine!

No, you're not ungrateful. Hubby was doing some kind of weird power play.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Pam, I can so relate. I hate it if my husband does the laundry (which he rarely does). I'm like you, I put them in the dryer for a very short time, then hang then on the clothes horse to finish drying, although in the summer I hang them outside on a washing line. If hubby does the washing, everything gets thrown in together and left to crease up really badly.

So I totally understand where you're coming from, sorry about the blouse that shrunk, I would be mad too!

Ruth

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:21 pm

You've stated very clearly "don't ever do my laundry".
What's so hard to understand?

No you weren't ungrateful. He ruined your favorite item, and he did that despite being clearly instructed about the dos and don'ts of laundry.

It would be a different matter if both of you were taking turns at household chores, laundry included.

And now a fave shirt is gone Sad - I am sharing your pain!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Thank you so much ladies for your input and support. I was so mad and needed to see if I was the only one who felt this way. Looks like we all feel the same way and have had issues in the past.

Now if he would only tackle that garage! lol

Thanks for posting...I feel so much better.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down