migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little orphan to take care of for a while.

+7
tecky
crt
HeelerLady
alli
lesherb
Paradox
Brent
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A little orphan to take care of for a while. - Page 2 Empty Re: A little orphan to take care of for a while.

Post  Brent Fri May 14, 2010 11:45 am

He has some buddies to hang with now and we moved them into one of our smaller barns. They are getting along great and sleeping together all huddled up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

A little orphan to take care of for a while. - Page 2 Empty Re: A little orphan to take care of for a while.

Post  alli Fri May 14, 2010 11:52 am

aahhhhhh! He's getting big so fast! How long does it take to reach adulthood?
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Fri May 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Wow! Ducklings grow up so quickly! I love the expression on the chick's face (the one immediately to the right of the duckling). It's as if he/she was thinking, "that's a strange looking chicken!"
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Fri May 14, 2010 11:41 pm

They are completely grown at about two months, about the same as chickens. I have noticed the chicks have been lightly pecking (preening) on him/her. It's very funny to see him/her standing there letting them.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sat May 15, 2010 1:31 pm

I envy your daughter, Brent. She must be having the most wonderful childhood.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun May 16, 2010 5:23 am

Brent, your little feathered foster child is so cute! I love the pics with the chicks and the one with him sleeping in the water bowl. He's a lucky little chap to have been found by your family.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sun May 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Biscuit is doing great and gaining weight fast. It's starting to get it's markings and it looks like it's female. But it will be several weeks more before we know for sure.

Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

A little orphan to take care of for a while. - Page 2 Empty Brent's Menagerie

Post  crt Sun May 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Brent,

Thanks for the photos. You do such a fantastic job with your camera. It must be fun to visit your place. It seems like you always have some critters to visit with and you're always working on some marvelous project, wood or elsewise. And no, don't worry, I am NOT inviting myself to your place. Just commenting on what an interesting and fun home it is.

I love your new puppy. I had a Malamute once. What a wonderful dog. Amazingly, I found him in an animal shelter in Los Angeles.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sun May 30, 2010 7:55 pm

I like malamutes also, all the ones I have seen were great pets. My wolf hybrid died from blood cancer seven years ago and I swore off any more pets for myself. It's so very tough for me to lose my buddies that I didn't want to go through it again. But I have had dogs since I was born and life is just not the same without them around. So when my MIL offered us the pup and to be part of the breeding program I couldn't say no.

And my daughter's choc lab could use a friend also besides the pygmy goats.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

A little orphan to take care of for a while. - Page 2 Empty Brent's Menagerie

Post  crt Sun May 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Brent,

Any chance of posting pictures of your goats? I'd like to see them.

Thanks,
Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sun May 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Nelson.

Lilly and Pearl.

Jasper
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon May 31, 2010 8:23 pm

LOL!! That black goat just cracked me up. Whatcha ya doin????

THey are all adorable. My mom's neighbor has goats. They used to crack us up jumping on top of their little goat house so they could see over the fence at what we were doing or just playing up there.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:51 am

Brent,

I just love seeing your photos. Your photography is excellent and captures the beauty of your surroundings, your lovely daughter and all your wonderful critters.

That black goat is a hoot and looks like he/she has a big personality.

So nice of you to provide a trampoline bed for your goats (LOL). Looks so comfy and a little like the dog beds they make to keep dogs off the ground and cool.

I grew up on a farm and I miss all the critters. It's a wonderful place for a kid to grow up, with animals around. Always something to do and investigate. All the work is worth it.

I so very much understand the profound pain in losing a pet, but I just can't live without a dog either. Horses are the same for me, and I really miss having one. Dogs and horses are very similar in being able to capture our hearts, befriend us, understand our emotions and provide comfort. Pretty amazing creatures. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:56 am

Thanks! I do enjoy taking pictures and have been into photography since was 10. For three years in high school I was the photographer for the school newspaper. Then I have taken a lot of classes since then. I can't paint, draw or sculpt but pictures help me at least capture great scenery.

Most of all it seems pictures help burn great memories into our brains better.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

A little orphan to take care of for a while. - Page 2 Empty Goats

Post  crt Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks for the goats pictures. They're such funny, cute critters.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 pm

The little knuckle heads were wrestling on the trampoline yesterday. My daughter doesn't use it much so they might as well play on it.

Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2