migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Bad the series

+2
Paradox
Olee
6 posters

Go down

Breaking Bad the series Empty Breaking Bad the series

Post  Olee Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:10 am

Anyone a fan of Breaking Bad? I think Bryan Cranston is an awesome actor and has proven his skill in this series. If you have never seen an episode and are curious let me caution you first. It contains lots of drug use, course language ( on dvd) and a lot of violence. Bryan plays a high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. To provide for his family after his death, he puts his knowledge of chemistry to use and becomes a meth producer of sorts. He's a very unlikely person and seems very awkward, but lives a double life every episode. All the while his brother in law is a DEA agent. It has won 4 emmy awards and most likely will win more. The 1st-2nd season I have watched uncensored on DVD, but the episodes on AMC are censored to a degree. It's definitely not for everyone, and I doubt many of you would like it, but I thought maybe there would be some hidden fans.

Last edited by Olee on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad the series Empty Re: Breaking Bad the series

Post  Paradox Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:17 am

Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:09 am

Breaking Bad is an awesome show. never miss it. I'm hoping Walt goes rogue.

damages on FX was pretty good too.

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:56 am

LOVE Breaking Bad. It's an awesome show and the acting and writing is first rate. It's a tad predictable at times but so well done that I can overlook that. I forget the actor's name who plays Jesse, but he's very talented as well.
Olee may be right though, I doubt it would suit very many people's tastes on this board. It's just about on par with the FX series "The Shield" that went off the air a couple of years ago. The language isn't as strong, but the subject matter is getting there. I loved the The Shield too.

Porshe Fan, Walt hasn't already gone rogue?? LOL Did you see last week??
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 am

for some reason I didn't took to the show, but I agree wholeheartedly that Bryan Cranston is super actor!
I love him in Malcolm in the Middle.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:32 am

Cool that I did find some fans. I always find myself cringing when I see Walt getting himself into situations, but I can't help but root for the guy. This season is awesome and I'm thinking about buying season 1-2 on dvd. My taste in tv is a little different than most so it's cool to find others.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Mine is too, Olee. Razz I hate sitcoms, tear jerkers, and competition-based reality tv (American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, etc.). If it's popular and/or mainstream, I can be pretty sure I won't like it.
If it's dark, it's right up my alley. Twisted Evil
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:22 pm

AuntieBubbs wrote:Mine is too, Olee. Razz I hate sitcoms, tear jerkers, and competition-based reality tv (American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, etc.). If it's popular and/or mainstream, I can be pretty sure I won't like it.
If it's dark, it's right up my alley. Twisted Evil

I'm with you! I've never been a reality TV fan and have never seen an episode of American Idol (partially because I like to hear performers who write their own songs) don't like the idea of Dancing with the Stars etc. It's funny because my wife and I will hear people mention actors and actresses who are famous for sitcoms and realty shows and we have no clue who they are. My taste in tv shows went somewhere else with Twin Peaks a long time ago (I'm a big David Lynch fan) and carried on into recent times of Six Feet Under and Dexter. When Breaking Bad came along it became another favorite naturally.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:32 pm

The Dexter cast is the best cast ever...we LOVE that show. Nurse Jackie is good too.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Olee - have you seen Dead Like Me? It only lasted 2 seasons but it's one of my all time favorites. Dark and quirky. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Ah, I wish I could afford cable. When the writers' strike happened and the regular networks (I forget which one) aired the first season of Dexter to fill airtime, I liked it alot. Then the strike ended, and it was back to cable only for Dexter.
I loved the Tudors back when I did have cable - I only got to see the first 2 seasons though. Secret Diary of a Call Girl was pretty funny too.

As I mentioned though, I loved the Shield when it was on FX. One of the best original cable series ever put out, and the cast was terrific as an ensemble.
TNT picked up Southland, and that was a good move for the series, as it never really belonged on regular network tv anyway, it was better on cable. Hope they renew it.
I understand Damages, also on FX, is good. And "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is bloody hilarious. Not for the sensitive minded or politically correct!
FX consistently puts out great drama - "Justified" is shaping up to be an excellent series, and "Sons of Anarchy" is superbly written and acted, even if one doesn't care for the subject matter.
I happen to really, really love "Survivors" on BBC America, am really sad this week is the finale and who knows if it'll get renewed? Also love Dr. Who Very Happy
Breaking Bad is wonderful, as we mentioned. Every little step Walt takes, you want to tell him, "no, no, that is just not going to end well". He really is breaking badder and badder with every decision he makes. I loved when he told the street-thug amateur wanna be meth cookers he "ran into" at the hardware store what they were doing wrong in buying their supplies all in one place, then told them, "stay out of my territory." Classic Walt - first respect the chemistry, then threaten.
None of these are mainstream shows Wink

Olee, in the mainstream do you watch "Fringe"? I'm hooked on that. Let's hope Fox shows some brains and doesn't ruin it the way they did the X-Files. Also have loved "Supernatural" since it first premiered 5 years ago, and thank goodness the CW has had the brains to not interfere with the creative team on that one.

Nope, nope, definitely not a pop tv watching type gal Laughing
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad the series Empty One Minute

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue May 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Well, Olee, what did you think about this past Sunday's episode? Did it totally rock or what? So many good moments in the episode, with Hank and Jesse in particular. But especially that last suspenseful showdown with Hank and the cousins!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Wed May 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Well you're ahead of me on this one. I was out of town and missed the episode, and will be watching it on demand. Now you got me wondering.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu May 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Oh, good thing I didn't give away too much. Let's just say, stellar acting all around, and for once, the supporting cast got a chance to really shine. And the last 5 minutes of the show was an edge-of-your-seat nailbiter. It had me saying, "OMG" and "did that just happen?" before thanking god I have a DVR and then rewinding it to watch it again. Very Happy
I hope On Demand gets it up soon; they seem kind of slow this season on making that happen. I waited forever for last weeks' to get up.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 12:18 pm

last episode of Breaking was awesome.

pretty good attention to detail. someone on the staff knows a bit about firearms. hank just dropped one in the chamber and nailed the slide release...by the looks, they were trying to mimic the round as a "Black Talon."

i was lmao...great ending.

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Just watched it tonight, man was I on the edge of my seat. First time in the series that I was shaking my fist in the air yelling "Go Hank!" Awesome ending.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri May 07, 2010 11:07 pm

was that amazing or what? Hank's been growing on me, too Very Happy
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content