migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another bad series

+2
tecky
alli
6 posters

Go down

another bad series Empty another bad series

Post  alli Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am

I've had a migraine attack every day for the last 5 days. UGH! I hate it when I get these daily attacks. They take so much out of me. TN is still acting up and fibro pain is constantly flaring too so the pain level is getting ridiculous. I don't have any pain meds so it is ice packs and too much excedrin and aleve. I can't sleep which just contributes to the pain. I want so much for all of this to stop or at least be one thing at a time.

I can't even remember a time where I've gone more than one day without pain. I have no life.
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

another bad series Empty Re: another bad series

Post  tecky Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Alli,

I'm right there with you. Tired of migraines and tired of being tired.

I think it's the weather. It was 18 degrees below zero here this morning, and who knows how much colder the wind chill was. Our old dog's arthritis is really bad now too, so she and I commisserate a little--her leg and my head.

Just wish I could get a head transplant and get on with life. Wouldn't that be nice?

Hang in there, Alli. Hope it helps to know I'm at the same place and just as tired of it as you are. Also tired of everyone around me trying to come up with a reason why I'm migraining. It just is.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:11 pm

another bad series D050

How come you don't have any pain medications? That's awful. Is it how your doctor is?

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Oh, Allie, I feel so bad for you.

Too bad we don't all live within miles of each other and that it's illegal for us to share med's. No I'd share!

Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Charlotte (formerly Joan)
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:29 pm

alli,

sorry to hear. i don't remember the last day that was pain-free either. with really irritated muscles, sometimes a hot bath that you can sit in for a while helps--just avoid getting cold after, as it can cause spasms and the muscles to contract, thus aggrevating the pain.

lyrica (which has a ton of side effects) can help with muscle and nerve pain--don't know if your doc has tried. i try to eat a very high protein diet to help with muscle issues.

good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  Megan45 Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:45 pm

(((Hugs))) I feel your pain Alli. I sometimes have migraines that last for days too. When its finally over I feel like I have been on the losing end of a boxing match. They drain me so much. I hope you feel better soon.
Megan45
Megan45

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 am

Sad
sorry to hear that you're doing so bad.
We've all been through days and days of pain and we know what it means....
It's so difficult to explain it to those who don't get these symptoms Rolling Eyes

Take care
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:52 am

I'm taking Lyrica, Neurontin, Effexor and Ativan. Since most of my pain is nerve pain, my doc is reluctant to give me any pain relievers. They don't work well on nerve pain. We are in the process of adjusting the meds to give me the best relief but that takes time. If I keep getting the daily migraines, I will have to insist on some vicodin or Norco.

Yesterday was really bad but I was able to sleep through most of it. I got home at 3 and slept til 9:30, ate some dinner and slept til 7 this morning. I still have the migraine but it is about a 3. The TN is worse, a constant 3 with spikes that get up to 7-8. My ear and the sides and top of my head burn!! And my body aches. yech.

The weather lookslike it is going to stay nasty so no relief in sight. However! my daughter's car repair that was estimated at $650, came out to $150. Yeah for that one!
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down