migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

doctor appointment tomorrow

2 posters

Go down

doctor appointment tomorrow Empty doctor appointment tomorrow

Post  HeelerLady Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm

I am seeing my neurologist tomorrow. I guess a lot of things have been hitting me in the head lately and want to go in with at least some sort of plan.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of preventatives. I've been trying these &*(^ things since October and they have not helped and in most cases made me feel worse. I haven't had a pain free day since June and this is getting really old. All we've done is try this and that and frankly, I felt better before going to see this guy. He also didn't tell me that preventatives won't make the blasted things stop - just lessen the frequency and possibly the level...made it seem like the flipping things will go away. Now I didn't expect that I would never get one again but I would like all this to stop - even for a day... I wouldn't even mind if they went back to their cyclic nature. But to go through h e double toothpicks for 3 weeks to get through the side effects just to escalate to start another 3 weeks of he ll to find out that it's not going to work...I just can't take it anymore. I'm not going to even start with all the drug interactions I've had.

So the question is, where does this leave me? Going into this appointment, I have zero confidence in this doctor - never mind that he's had great success with others. Are preventatives worth it? Do I continue to try them but with some specific parameters? Do I give up and find another doctor?

Any thoughts would be helpful....

PS - In the emotional stage of an escalation so pardon me for language, attitude....
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

doctor appointment tomorrow Empty Re: doctor appointment tomorrow

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 pm

I found a new neuro because I wasn't willing to deal with the potential side effects of the medication my old neuro and GP wanted me to try. I took Richard's advice and with the help of Cheryl found a neuro who specializes in migraines AS WELL AS being certified in pain management.

Unfortunately, he doesn't take out of state patients, since he's in Chicago. Perhaps though his office could recommend someone in Wisconsin?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Charlotte,

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of options. My insurance is limiting.

However, I found another H/A doctor that must have just started at the clinic where I go and is actually board certified in HA management as well as a few others. I'm not lucky enough to find one certified in pain management. I'm thinking that if this appointment doesn't go well, I'll switch doctors. I don't think it is unreasonable to not want side-effects (especially those of the anti-convulsants) and if that's all he's willing to do...well I'm pulling a Pen - he can write all the Rx he wants, doesn't mean I'm going to take them.

Here's a link to the new one's profile: Dr. Brilla. Frankly, if my current one won't work with me and this one isn't a viable option...I might be in trouble.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down