migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok.. So my migraines have "gone"

5 posters

Go down

Ok.. So my migraines have "gone" Empty Ok.. So my migraines have "gone"

Post  WitsEnd Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:05 am

You may well think this is a good thing, but it's not.

I've always feel my migraines "brewing", usually for a few days up to the actual full blown hit.

Now what I'm getting is the usual things I feel when I know one is coming: feeling completely exhausted, REALLY bad vision, loss of balance, woozy feeling. But it's not actually coming to anything.

I'm at the point now where I don't know what's worse. I'm still having to take a day off work now and again because I really can't go on, I sleep for HOURS and it subsides a bit, but it's not really going away. After I have a migraine, I have such unbelieveable clarity in my head, and I feel great in the days after. But now I'm going for weeks on end feeling proper rubbish.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Ok.. So my migraines have "gone" Empty hi there:

Post  Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:48 am

I'm afraid I can't be of any help on this. I just wanted to send my sympathy. Let us know what happens.

Back to top Go down

Ok.. So my migraines have "gone" Empty Re: Ok.. So my migraines have "gone"

Post  jwar Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:55 am

I've experienced the feeling that you're experiencing only a handful of times. I usually get visual auras before my migraine and they are accompanied by a distinct feeling of disorientation and wooziness, which it sounds as like you are describing here. Sometimes I have gotten those feelings but without a visual manifestation, and then instead of a headache I feel really drained and out of it for the rest of the day.

It's always mystified me when it happens. I chalk it up to our poor understanding of migraine's effects on the nervous system, and that it manifests in such varied and crazy ways sometimes. Anyway, I'm sorry you're going through this. Maybe you should see if taking a dose of triptan will abort it?
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm

I firmly believe that you have a case of migraine anxiety. I have been battling this for the last 10 years of my life. I go through exactly what you are saying but it just never turns into a complete full grown migraine.

I have learned to battle the anxiety, but initially as this became an issue, the only way I was able to totally not obsess on my possibility of getting a headache was to take an anti-anxiety pill daily. My doctor prescribed me xanax and I must say that for almost a year, if I didnt have that pill, i dont know if I would be here today.

I think you need to speak to your doctor about what is happening and maybe he/she might feel that maybe an anti anxiety would help you INITIALLY. Xanax is a highly addictive medication, so I say this with caution. But as I said, the only way I was able to get through the toughest year of my life was with that medication. It allowed me to cope a little better and the main thing it did was allow me not to obsess about every little symptom that I had that could possibly lead to a M. If you let the disease control you, the quality of life you lead is not so good. Forgive me if you think I am full of it or offering bad advice, but I am just giving you some personal history that might allow you to handle it a little bit better. As a migraine sufferer, I dont think there is such thing as bad advice. I would try anything hoping for a solution. Maybe mine will help you out.

Good luck.
Anthony
Anthony

Back to top Go down

Ok.. So my migraines have "gone" Empty I have had something similar

Post  lentils Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:11 am

I have had what some have called silent migraines-everything but the headache. When I do get this type, it lasts much longer than the headache variety and takes a bigger toll, in my opinion. My doctor believes what I experience is a migraine. Whatever it is, my brain is malfunctioning again, making me ill. In the past a triptan would cure it, but triptans don't work for me anymore and I currently don't have any abortives. A cup of coffee will sometimes abort it. Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you.
This has been a change in headache pattern for me and I'm wondering, hoping actually, if my headaches are winding down. Time will tell.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:20 am

Please if you can, could you get checked for thyroid antibodies, thyroid hormone antibodies and allergy antibodies.

You sound a bit like me. Classic migraine and periodic "unwellness" going to everyday "unwellness" at a higher level.

The positive diagnosis of these tests is Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Graves disease, allergy.

You may have had your TSH (thyroid stimulation hormone) tested in the past which may still come up normal with the above positives - my tsh is normal. Which means you aren't hyper or hypo thyroid even given the high antibodies. This is a very common test given routinely. The antibody tests aren't.

Even if you do come up positive to antibodies with normal tsh it may not actually provide a solution but you will have some sort of answer to why this is happening.

If you do get tested, whether positive or negative I would be extremely interested to hear. Also if anyone else has had these tests what your results are?
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Ok.. So my migraines have "gone" Empty Ok.. So my migraines have "gone"

Post  WitsEnd Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:37 am

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to see my doctor next week. Will bring your thoughts up.
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down