migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cluster headaches and passing out

2 posters

Go down

Cluster headaches and passing out Empty Cluster headaches and passing out

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi All,

Bith this afternoon and yesterday afternoon, I experienced a horrible cluster headache. I probably would have given myself a black eye if my roommate had not grabbed my wrists and held them down to prevent it. I did put an ice ack n it. The pain was absolutely horrendous-lasting about 15 minutes each time.

Despite the fact that I was lying down on the couch with an ice pack pressed on my eye, I definitely lost consiousness briefly both times. ( I was out maybe a few deconds, just a tad longer than when I faint.) When I came too, the pain had pretty m uch resolved, though the ever-preent migraine remained. Does anyone else have this? Does anyone else pass put from the pain of the cluster headache?

In many ways, this ties into my observation that the pain and fainting spells are somehow related. If the headaches are bad ond day. the fainting will be much worse than if it was just thre normal migraine pain.

Any advice or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Cluster headaches and passing out Empty cluster

Post  dawn.binks Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:52 am

i dont know whic contry you are in but here in the uk they do administer occipital nerve block injections for cluster headaches, i get them for migraine and they have transformed my life. ae you heard of them/tried them?? good luck!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down