migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines.

+3
anywhere
magic48
pen
7 posters

Go down

Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines. Empty Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines.

Post  pen Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:12 am

First apologies if this correlates with anything I have asked in the past either on this forum or the old one.
But since the neuro visit I am running my own show.....
So please either indulge me or ignore me. I understand it could be boring for some old timers to revisit.
Having said that with Fibro I struggle to recall last week let alone last year or 3 years ago.
So fellow posters, I crave your indulgence.....

I am getting migraines usually every 4th day after the last Triptan, but I have noticed now that I also get a bad run.
The last one went from March 27 to April 10. A long one. Couldn't get more than 2 days off the damn things.
Now I have had 3 days with not waking with migraine. Just some head pain, manageable. No medication at all yesterday.
What a difference it makes......

So what is my question......does anyone else get this please?
I have no idea what causes these and they are really depressing.

I have noted that many of the things I consider seem to have no play in this.
Window can be open or closed overnight.
Eating/drinking before bed, no difference.
Stuffy nose....
Time i sleep, how long I sleep.
What I eat...including choc cheese and all those other apparent dodgies...(whole easter egg yesterday) (slaps wrist)

I could go on, but you get the drift....
I have always thought, as my migraines only started with menopause that hormones are still doing it for me.
So I guess this is more for the women (no discrimination guys).

I guess I am just putting this out there and see if anyone can offer anything.

Thanks a lot.

pen

Back to top Go down

Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines. Empty RE:migraine in clusters but not clusters

Post  magic48 Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:08 am

i did that last year it was horrible...i thought i would go thru the same thing this year i was terrified because emotionally i couldnt handle it anymore it got so bad but so far so good things have been more manageable...

magic
magic48
magic48

Back to top Go down

Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines. Empty Re: Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines.

Post  pen Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:24 am

So pleased for you Magic, it is really bad, like it will never end.
Did you ever work out what causes it??

pen

Back to top Go down

Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines. Empty RE: clusters but not clusters

Post  magic48 Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:42 am

i thought i had it figured out but not...allergist yesterday said i show no serious signs of allergies in my bloodwork or testing....i look back at last year and that time was very very stressful...i homeschool and it was my sons first year doing aims testing and during that i found out my husband did something i thought was unforgiveable (but have since forgiven him) then they kept giving me steroids to break the cycle...it breaks the cycle but makes me a mental wreck...plus i wonder about rebounds from steroids..so who knows...maybe yours will let up and it wont happen again...for you i hope so..
magic
magic48
magic48

Back to top Go down

Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines. Empty Re: Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines.

Post  pen Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:00 am

Thank you Magic, I hope so too.

Pen
Is that your horse???

pen

Back to top Go down

Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines. Empty RE;clusters but not clusters

Post  magic48 Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:06 am

hey pen

yes that was my horse...a tennessee walker..i lost him last november to a brain abscess...he was what quieted my soul and i miss him terribly...

magic
magic48
magic48

Back to top Go down

Post  anywhere Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:29 am

Yes. Mine finally broke after 40 days.

anywhere

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 am

i am now on my second pain free day, after 22 days of a migraine, some days were only at a 2/3 others more so but it was 22 days straight, why? i have no idea!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:18 am

Pen,

I used to have them in clusters. I'd have a series over 2 weeks, then they'd vanish for 4-6 weeks.

Now I have the darn things everyday...been going since June 09 and the intensity just varies. Not sure if it is all one or series without real breaks.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:20 am

I've never been able to figure out what cause my migraine clusters. I know that allergies and barometric pressure play a big part but that is only part of the picture. I get several clusters every year. They are the worst in fall and spring. My 30's were horrible!!!! My forties are slightly better but I am on better medication now.

It's all a big mystery. Brains are wierd and when they don't work, they suck.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:52 pm

magic48 wrote:hey pen
yes that was my horse...a tennessee walker..i lost him last november to a brain abscess...he was what quieted my soul and i miss him terribly...
magic

Oh Magic I am so sorry you lost him. I love horses (and dogs). I have never owned a horse, but used to ride all the time when I was a kid. How sad, but at least you have your memories.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:05 pm

magic48 wrote:yes that was my horse...a tennessee walker..i lost him last november to a brain abscess...he was what quieted my soul and i miss him terribly...

I'm so sorry, Magic.

I've had horses and dogs that were like soul mates to me. It's so hard to lose them. Hope it helps to know someone understands the level of love you can have for them and how much their absence affects you.

Having to give up my horses is one of the most difficult aspects of my chronic migraines. I could no longer care for them and give them the attention they deserved.

Becky I love you flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Migraine in clusters, but not cluster migraines. Empty RE; cluster but not clusters.

Post  magic48 Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:42 pm

thanks guys...i too thought i would give up my horses espeacially after i lost this one...but my daughter has convinced me that just to have one to go sit with has its own benifits it takes my mind off of the pain i have everyday either migraines or Rheamatoid and lets me think back to days when i had no pain

...my husband makes sure they are taken care of when i cant he wont let me give up either..its what motivates me everyday...i have owned a horse since i was 7 years my job for allmost 15 years was an equine vet tech...i lived and breathed horses just for the love of them..so my daughter fears that if i dont have one that i have given up..dont want her to think that.

so in three weeks i have another needy youngster comeing to my house also a tennessee walker am definitely looking forward to her...

magic
magic48
magic48

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Well enjoy your youngster, Magic. Smile My guy just turned 25 this month (doesn't look it) and I've had him for almost 17 years. He knows all my secrets and really is a good boy. We used to show but I got tired of it and he's got nothing to prove.

My only regret is that I don't spend as much time with him as I'd like. The dogs and the M monster consume a lot of my time. I do have a friend who wants to "borrow" him this summer. Her daughter is 5, almost 6 and would like to show him. Perfect solution for me - she's had horses almost as long as I have and it would give him the attention that I just don't have time for. She also can't afford another one (her saddlebred is way too much for her daughter) and this is a good solution. Plus it will be really cute - little blond girl showing my 15.3 hand massive quarter horse. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:14 pm

theresae wrote:i am now on my second pain free day, after 22 days of a migraine, some days were only at a 2/3 others more so but it was 22 days straight, why? i have no idea!

Theresa, could it be the weather/pressure here??? I went 17days and have had 3 days without.....how odd....
I have not done anything different at all. In fact been digging into chocolate and stuff.....hmmm

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down