migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another new visual aura

4 posters

Go down

Yet another new visual aura Empty Yet another new visual aura

Post  moominamy Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:40 am

I've just had a new type of visual aura (for me). Like very large bright white fireflys blinking and moving around both halves of my vision, appearing and disappearing. It lasted about 10 minutes and I can feel my head getting worse already.

Over the years I seem to have had just about all types of migraine visual aura apart from losing my vision completely. Does anyone elses aura change so much?

Having had hardly any hemiplegic migraine symptoms since I've been pregnant I've had several bad ones over the last couple of weeks. Yesterday was not a good day, I could barely get out of bed to hobble to the bathroom as my right leg didn't work.

The ever changing face of migraine.

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Yet another new visual aura Empty Re: Yet another new visual aura

Post  Ivy Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:11 am

Amy,
I am so terribly sorry that you're not doing well. I hope that you'll improve soon.

As for the aura, I've had it only 4 times in my life. The first time was not even linked to migraine as I was not a sufferer yet.
Any of the 4 times, it appeared in a different way.
The first (very scary) time, I could no longer see parts of the objects. I was partially blind in one eye and things had all a green halo.
The second time, I saw yellow stains everyone. I was running and in the beginning I thought it was the sun, but I realized it was aura when it began to rain.
The third time it occurred at the end of a run again. That time it was lighting bolts all around me.
Last time happened two months ago. My right eye was again blind in certain spots. It was like when on TV they want to hide the face of someone and so they apply that special effect that reminds flies.

So, only 4 auras but all different. I guess it's the fun of migraine geek

Take care
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Yet another new visual aura Empty Why do our visual auras change?

Post  charmed quark Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:11 am

The firefly one is the only type of aura I normally get. Sometimes it looks more like skyrockets following a short path and then blinking out, but mostly it's fireflies or white sparks blinking on and off and moving around in the peripheral area of my vision on both sides. I see these sparks even with my eyes closed. I get some version of this before nearly all of my migraines.

But I recently had a blinding scotoma aura, where it started as a pinprick near the center of my field of view and gradually expanded into a large ring with jagged edges - looked like a crown of thorns ( maybe for the Easter season?) with multi-colored pastel edges to the ring and white nothingness in the interior of the ring. In both of my eyes and I could still see it with my eyes closed. The whole thing was so fascinating that I researched it on the internet and found art work that looked almost exactly like what I saw.

First and last time, so far, I got this sort of aura. Wonder why?

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:31 am

Wow, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time..

Yesterday I actually experienced a new aura for me. For about 30 minutes before my M hit, everytime I blinked I saw black streaks. The only way I can explain it is like looking at raindrops (except these were black) sliding down a window, but thicker??? It was so weird. I usually get the fireflies, along with right eye blindness, and left eye ceiling fans.

Oh, and then my left arm and leg went into muscle spasms, my cheek on the left side of my face was tingling, my jaw ached something terrible, and the top left five teeth throbbed. Today pain scale is 8/10, and my eyes go from feeling like someone hammered a nail in them to feeling like they are going to pop out of my eye sockets, along with the usual throbbing at the top left of my head, radiating down through my temple, behind my eyes, down my jaw, and stops and at the bottom of my neck. I can say, I have definately had better days. pale

I have 4 more days to go of this crap...Monday morning I go in for my demerol injection. It's gonna be a long road ahead.

Hope, you start feeling better soon Smile

Dawn
Dawn
Dawn

http://www.greenourliving.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down