migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just got a present for myself!

+7
Olee
AuntieBubbs
alli
Paradox
Chinookgrl
CluelessKitty
LG
11 posters

Go down

I just got a present for myself! Empty I just got a present for myself!

Post  LG Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 am

Dave Matthews Tickets have been on presale for the last few days and I tried to get tix but failed to get good ones so I went on a special website I know that is for fans called antmarching.org. You join up and fans sell their tix for face value to other fans. I found someone selling their PIT TICKETS FOR FACE VALUE!! YAHOO PIT TICKETS! That is standing room right in front of the stage folks! I am getting PIT tickets for normal prices! I am so excited I am jumping out of my skin right now!

Yes I will be having a gigantic migraine after, but so what? I like going to Dave Matthews Band concerts better than getting married! I have 5 happy months ahead of me to look forward to a great fun day with some of the best seats I have ever had at a DMB show! Man, I'm a lucky girl!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

I just got a present for myself! Empty Re: I just got a present for myself!

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:06 am

Gosh I'm old... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I had to look up what Dave Matthews Band is!
Well these are the cutest guys alive. That alone makes it worthwhile going to the concert, yep.

I am happy for you Love cheers
Enjoy your concert! Hope you won't get M on that day!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Chinookgrl Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:42 am

Have fun, I love love them. I go to concerts whenever I can. My hubby and friends lovingly laugh at me because I go knowing I'll for sure get a migraine. Medication in one pocket and money in the other. Only the best bands and performers make the cut anymore. Have a great time.
Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:14 am

I haven't been to a concert is SO long. I tried several years ago. Made the trek to Chicago, got my hotel room had a nice expensive dinner with hubby and son then walked down to the venue.

Was ready to rock out to the Dixie Chicks. It was right after "Ain't Ready to Make Nice" came out.

I lasted 10 minutes with the strobe lights even with my sunglasses on. Went to the restroom and threw up and walked back to the hotel, crying all the way.

I would really like to see the Lilith Fair concert this year. I've seen it twice, once in Nashville ( what a nice trip that was, I went by myself so I was able to stop at all the antique stores I wanted, and stop at all the historical road site plaques without complaint) and once in Chicago. In Nashville was the first time I ever heard of, and fell in love with the Dixie Chicks. They had just come out with "Goodbye Earl".

Lilith Fair is usually held in an outside venue, so I'm thinking that I wouldn't have a big problem with the lighting. I hope, hope, hope I can go! What I'd REALLY like is to be able to see them on the European Tour. Then I could meet my UK friends from Rondas. But, alas, with the wedding this year, there is NO WAY, I could afford that.

No

I'm glad you got your tickets for DuMB, sweet Gia!!!!!! Live it up!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:55 am

I saw DMB oh so long ago, during their first tour. They were great! We were at a small venue in San Francisco so we were no more than 25 feet from the stage. Big Head Todd and the Monsters opened for them (had the bass waaaaay to loud!) but were fun to hear also.

I was blown away by the fiddle player. Amazing musician. You are going to have sooooo much fun!

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:09 am

Ah yes, I've been to MSG in 2002 as my first concert. I was lucky and pulled floor tickets off ticketmaster. Got section 9 and was in heaven the entire time. This was before my migranous head blew off the handle LOL.

Last summer I saw them at Jones Beach and I swear, it was the best day of my life. I went home crying with a migraine but half of those tears were happy ones because it was THAT great. It rained the whole concert and it was outside but I rocked it out and danced and had a blast. Great seats that time. I never go if I don't get good seats because if I'm going to suffer a migraine I want to see the band..and I don't want them to look like dots either LOL.

The violinist is Boyd Tinsley, he is amazing. Alli I am so jealous you got to see them during the earlier years when the touring was the best. They really rocked out the setlists and jams at that time. You were very lucky Smile Wish I was there!

Recently DMB lost a member. Leroi Moore passed away which is a great loss. The music is still great..in fact I love the new album but I will miss Leroi.

This morning I got ANOTHER set of tickets! I will be attending the Manfield MA. concert as well with section 8 seating. NIICE! My sister bought them for me for my birthday so they are free free free, even better Smile Two DMB concerts in one year, my goodness...I must have done something good this year to be rewarded with all this!

cheers
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:55 am

LG, yay!! Pit tickts are so awesome!! YOu can take a triptan as a preventative, and then may your head will be kind to you.
At least DMB isn't like, hard core rock. He's sweet and melodic and cool. Smile

And 2 concerts - one of them free - is very cool. See, positive thoughts!!! LOL
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:13 am

The last 2 concerts I attended last year left me with the usual migraine. I was able to take a vicodin while with my wife at a Stone Temple Pilots show which really helped to a degree. The Nine Inch Nails show was different in that I had taken my son and had to drive. The adrenaline helped until I got to the car where I just dealt with it on the ride home. Regardless, sometimes you just have to say (insert personal term usually expletive) and have some fun. I hope the show is awesome, have a good time!
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 pm

LG,

That is amazing that you will get to see them twice!

They are so good. I know you will have a great time.

Last concert I went to was "Lifehouse" with my daughter and I did take meds before I went.

Did have a slight headache, but nothing major. It was well worth it.

Anyway, I am so happy for you....have a great time.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  nursebeth Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 am

That is super cool!
I have tickets to see Cage the Elephant on St.Patty's Day with my son, his gf and the former BF Mike (don't ask lol)
I LOVE concerts!!!
I'd love to go to Bonnaroo & ROck on The Range this summer, but have to see how the budget works out lol.

beth
nursebeth
nursebeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Howdy Beth

After your love lost experience, you deserve a GREAT present to yourself. So glad you found it!

Isn't it funny how migraines are so very useful in clarifying our values? So many things we KNOW will cause us excruciating physical pain ... but we are willing to pay the price.

Enjoy these five months and the concert. Enjoy the heck out of them!
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I just got a present for myself! Empty present

Post  crt Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:09 pm

LG and NurseBeth,

Enjoy your concerts! Here's hoping that for once you don't get a migraine afterwards. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Beth and LG,

BONNAROO!!! I would love to go! Dave Matthews Band is headlining Bonnaroo! And my fav artist of all time, Tori Amos, is in the lineup for Bonnaroo! Let's meet up in Tennessee and go to the Bonnaroo music festival! LOL
I can dream, right?
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Yeah I'd love to go to that one too! It's a bit of a stretch for me, sounds fun though. I bet I packed my summer out..two concerts in one year for a migraneur is enough probably. LOL
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:15 am

I've missed Bonnaroo a few times a regretted it later after seeing the you tube videos. I would have loved to have seen Iron and Wine's performance, a fav of mine, and Blitzen Trapper.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down