migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone found a way to beat

2 posters

Go down

Anyone found a way to beat Empty Anyone found a way to beat

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:21 am

Triptan side effects please. Not looking for "advice", just wondered if there is a way to short circuit them at all.
I get them within the hour and the triptan takes 2 hours at best to help the pain.
Here I am 5 hours after taking it and the pain has now shifted from left to right, and I still cant walk about properly.
I used to think the more food before the less the s/e, but this isnt so for me. I also try to drink water and endeavor to walk about a little every half hour or so.

So far no joy.....anyone who has the s/e found a way to nullify the effect at all please?
They are the best thing I have, but the day is over when I have one, so lose more time with or without the pain.
Just thought Id ask.....someone else might be n the same boat.

thanks.
P

pen

Back to top Go down

Anyone found a way to beat Empty Re: Anyone found a way to beat

Post  theresae Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 pm

hi pen side effects for me are minimal at present, very dry mouth, tiredness, sometimes so tired i can hardly stand upright, but that can vary each time, my usual rule is drink as much water as stomach can tolerate, and a cup of sweet hot tea if poss, take with food even a plain dry biscuit if nothing else, and if possible rest, but thats not an option most times, i usually take triptan with an anti sickness these days as nausea has increased over last 2/3 years, and usually a diclofenic 50mg as well, hence eating something, i can do this if i take it all early enough, the anti sickness helps to stomach my stomach shutting down and triptan sitting there waiting to be vomited back up, but to be honest i dont get the raging sickness that others talk about, as i have always said frequency not severity has become my problem, of late.

sorry my answer doesnt hold anything new or different, hope you are feeling ok today x
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Thank you for sharing this Theresa. I know we are all different, as are the Triptan responses.
But it never hurts to try different approaches does it.
I dont get much nause and no vomiting.
I also dont think i have the gastric stasis problem as I can take a Triptan hours after the migraine starts and still have it work.
General consensus is take it fast or it wont work at all....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down