migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praying for Snow Day

+3
CluelessKitty
LG
Stillhurtin
7 posters

Go down

Praying for Snow Day Empty Praying for Snow Day

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:42 pm

We are expecting 8-15 inches of snow here tonight and through the day tomorrow. . I am praying that the school I work at has a snow day, b/c my son is home sick with pink eye and being that I used up all paid time-off on me, if there IS school and I don't go, I don't get paid, however if it's a snow day I do still get paid but still get to stay home with my sicky as well.

So everyone cross your fingers for me! Very Happy
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Praying for Snow Day Empty Re: Praying for Snow Day

Post  LG Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Will do, and I hope your little man feels better too!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Wow holy goodness. I just checked the weather for me and a snow warning is posted already for wednesday! 6-12 inches, but they are expecting MORE for Long Island. Poo. Why is it that every time it snows it is either just a dusting that disappears by noon or so much it is taller than my daughter this season?! Why can't it just be a good 4-5 inches so she can play? Mad

Grrr snow.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Ahh snow.. Smile

I hope everyone who needs it will get it.
We in BC needs it urgently as Olympics are coming up faster and faster.
As a matter of fact the torch will be passed not that far from where I live. 10 min drive max.
Hubby went to watch the festivities, and the torch passing.

Everything's in place except for- what else? SNOW....

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:35 am

Risa,
How exciting to be so close to the Olympics! I wish I could send you some snow. We have almost 30 inches on the ground and are expecting another 12-18 today. The Weatherman sounded very nervous when he had to increase the amounts expected today. I really dont know where they will put any more snow. Our road has not been plowed yet from the last storm. Yesterday, every time I looked out, someone was stuck and causing a long back up on our road.

The stores are very low on most fresh items. I got the last bag of potatoes yesterday! I am getting really sick of cooking. I might try to get out to PF Changs (the only place I can get gluten free Chinese food) but it is 20 mins away on a good day. I could go early and reheat it. I am really not spoiled, I just cook everything mostly from scratch almost every night.Plus I have to bake everything like bread, cookies, etc. But, then again, what else am I going to do? At least we still have power.

Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 am

Snow - well they're saying about 6-8 in my neck of the woods but it's supposed to start blowing this afternoon. I'm rather indifferent about it...except I really can justify working from home today - not that I ever have to though. It's kind of odd, I'm probably one of the fortunate few that doesn't have to worry about using leave to deal with this as I can just work from home when things are just more than I can take (actually I could do my job from anywhere on the planet as long as I have an internet connection). I feel rather guilty about not going in. Why I have no idea - my phone rarely rings at work, I rarely have people come to visit me...guess I just feel that I should be there for some stupid reason. I'm actually more productive when I'm at home - no extra sounds, smells and I just feel better when I'm at home (guess it's cause I don't have to deal with people and be nice). Hope others are weathering the blast. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:42 am

Schools are closed down here today, about three hours south of you. We only have about 3" right now, but they're expecting 3-4 more and the wind is really picking up. It's a very light snow, so it's going to probably be close to zero visibility once the wind gets going.

Woke up feeling pretty good and it is really starting to pound behind my right eye, and htat's having already taken my vico and hour ago when I just felt the twinge. It's gonna be a looonnnggg day. I hope it's not as bad as the last storm.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:52 pm

You're all in my thoughts and prayers (hope school has a snow day, Jess).

We just have the -40F degree wind chills with this weather system and only received 4-5 inches of snow over the weekend. There was no wind when we got the snow so there were no blizzard warnings. We have the most snow here since 1978.

Hope everyone has enough food and the power stays on for everyone. That's (heat) my biggest fear in the winter.

Take care.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Well it was NOT a snow day today. And Austin woke with his left eye swollen shut and goopy (Pink Eye) and an ear infection in his left ear. Sad Poor guy is miserable! Got him to the Doctor before things got too snowy so he has meds to get on the mend.

Bad part is...no pay for me today. Oh well. I'm a mother FIRST. That's my motto when life throws these awful predicaments my way.

Maybe tomorrow schools will be closed.......?? We'll wait and see!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Poor kiddo! I've never had pink eye but I've had ear infections as an adult and they are beyond miserable. Sad Hope he starts to feel better soon and that his mom had a functioning day. Smile I can pray for a snow day for you tomorrow though - depends on how good the plows were today. Sometimes the day after a storm can be worse...and it's still snowing up here. Oy vey. I have to go to work tomorrow and just hope I can get there safely and it doesn't take me two hours. Rolling Eyes
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 am

Jessica, I LOVE your new avatar!

And sorry about the snow - we sure can use some of Cindy's and the other peeps!
We normally have a decent snowfall in the mountains at this time of the year but of course not when we really really need it -
s' matter of fact, the exact same thing happened at the Olympic back then in Alberta when the warm Chinooks caused unusually warm weather unheard of in ages!! are we "olympic-ally" cursed weather wise, or what !? lolol

and J so sorry about your poor kiddie.
I think for the ear he will be needing an antibiotic, eh? poor dude. say I says 'Hello, Austin dude' Smile
that is if he'll like that. and hugs to you.

Cindy- it sure is exciting, there is plenty of coverage on TV and I've heard Arnie of Cali will be participating in the torch passing (I think) on Friday in our Stanley Park:
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/2010wintergames/getting-there/sports/2010wintergames/getting-there/Arnold+Schwarzenegger+carry+torch+Stanley+Park/2537419/story.html

I however must shamefully admit that I was so bad miserable this past week with M and withdrawal and UTI that I was barely interested in all this. I thought of going but when I saw at what ungodly hour it will take place I folded... 'scuse me but his wimp go to bed in wee hours, so.. nope.

BTW the Dorks aka hubby and his friend somehow mistaken the time of the torch passing in our area, and went too late by an hour [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
so all they saw was the cleaning crew packing up up lolol and went back home to watch TV. Yep, they've missed it. oh well lolol

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:42 am

My hubby was at the Indianapolis airport the other day when the Colts came in. He called me all excited and said he was waving at the Colts as we spoke.

I asked him to blow them a kiss for me. He refused Razz

Jess, so sorry about the pink eye. Stevie and I get pink eye if anyone who has it so much as looks at us. Last year we passed it back and forth for 2 1/2 months! He missed so much school and I missed a lot of work. Plus, the med's get very expensive when you're on the third and fourth round.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 am

I hope Austin is feeling better with each new day, Jessica.

All three of my grandbabies have ear infections now. My daughter-in-law has congested sinuses, and they're so tired being up most of the nights with the kids' coughing.

Hope you can take this day to relax and head off a migraine.

Take care.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down