migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Medications - Back to the pill boxes

+2
tecky
Richard
6 posters

Go down

Taking Medications - Back to the pill boxes Empty Taking Medications - Back to the pill boxes

Post  Richard Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Howdy All,

I have been taking so few medications that for the last half year or so I have used my daily-weekly pill boxes. No longer, I am having to go back to the pain of filling the boxes if only with one pill each.

Why? These episodes have so messed with my memory that five minutes after taking a medication, I cannot for the life of me remember if I took it or not. Bah humbug! this neurological disease is getting under my skin. Oh well, I remember that no one ever said life would be easy, only worth it.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Taking Medications - Back to the pill boxes Empty Re: Taking Medications - Back to the pill boxes

Post  tecky Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:47 pm

You're in good company, Richard.

If I don't divide up my meds by morning/noon/night for each day, I don't remember what I took when. I use old prescription bottles to divide them out in, and when each one empties it goes into a drawer. That way I know at any time whether I've taken the meds or not.

Gosh, what will it be like when I'm 70? Rolling Eyes

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Taking Medications - Back to the pill boxes Empty Re: Taking Medications - Back to the pill boxes

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I'm with you there, Richard. I constantly forget if I've taken my meds, and I only take 2, topomax and blood pressure medicine. I guess it must be the topomax messing with my memory, but yeah, I can never remember to take my medication, and half the time I take it I forget that i have!

Hang in there Very Happy
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:46 pm

So sorry you're suffering again. This month has been the worst month for me in years!

I was doing so well with the Namenda decreasing the severity of the M's.

Now the nausea and vomitting with them are worse than it's ever been. Sad AARRGGHH

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Taking Medications - Back to the pill boxes Empty February is always a bad month for me

Post  charmed quark Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:38 pm

I always have my worst time with migraines in February, peaking around the 15th - beware the ides of February? September is also bad for me, although not as bad. So maybe it has something to do with the rapid changes in day length at these times.

I hope that's the problem for all of you, too. Because if it is and you do like me, March will be a good month.

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 am

Frank and I are both on so many things now, that we invested in these two things...

http://www.amazon.com/Medcenter-Talking-Alarm-Medication-Reminder/dp/B000VUM79G/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_text_b

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000VUO10O/ref=dp_otherviews_0?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&img=0

I totally forget to take my medication and to give him his without this reminder system. Sad how forgetful I am.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks for posting those links, Brenda. That pill organizer looks like it would work great.

Becky Smile
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down