migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School Accommodations for Disability

2 posters

Go down

School Accommodations for Disability Empty School Accommodations for Disability

Post  ConcordGrape Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Have you received accommodations for migraines from school/work and if so, can you describe what you received? I am requesting accommodations for grad school and I've never done this before. In addition to providing documentation from my Dr. I have to list the nature of my disability and services required. (I already asked one member here about it, and her accommodations were things I never would have thought to request!)

Thanks in advance Smile

CG
ConcordGrape
ConcordGrape

Back to top Go down

School Accommodations for Disability Empty Re: School Accommodations for Disability

Post  susan99 Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:59 am

Hi there! I'm in grad school too. I was wondering if you could share the types of accommodations you heard about? I haven't applied for such yet either, but sm think inking about it. I moved to go to school and I.m still looking for a new neuro. I would have had plenty of documentation with my old dr, but I have to establish myself in a new city and frankly its been hard.

Thanks! Good luck! Susan

susan99

Back to top Go down

School Accommodations for Disability Empty Re: School Accommodations for Disability

Post  ConcordGrape Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:13 am

" My accommodations included having handouts printed on green paper, taking tests in the Student Learning Center (single person in a room as opposed to a roomful of anxious classmates), having lectures videotaped when I could not attend class, and one of my professors even came to my apartment and went over the material covered that day in class (as well as bring me dinner once in a while). The school also had a program with Catholic Charities for 6 free therapy sessions, which I took advantage of when I got really depressed."

You should call up your old neuro and have them send you a copy of your records. It will be helpful to have when you go to the new one. And my school requires that I provide documentation, so I have a copy of my records to send them.
ConcordGrape
ConcordGrape

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down