migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use?

5 posters

Go down

How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use? Empty How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use?

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi!
Having lots of pain and numbness, dizziness and fatigue. Been reading up on some of the pain I'v e been having and it sounds like maybe Fibro.

Any of you who have Fibro as well as M, how were you Diagnosed with it and what do you do to treat it?

Thanks for the info.

I
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use? Empty fibro symptoms

Post  dcook60 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 pm

i was dx. about 20 years ago, by a rheumatologist. after reading a book about "fibrositis", (old name; there were many for this condition) i KNEW that was what i had.

at the time, hardly any doctors "believed in" this condition. now, the pendulum has swung the other way, and in my experience, doctors want to blame ALL one's symptoms on fibro. i had a friend who died of breast cancer, because her doctor wasn't paying attention, and blamed her complaints on fibro. eeeeeeeek.

i have pain but not numbness or dizziness. the pain is inconsequential compared with the migraine pain. i have never been treated for fibro. i react very badly to most drugs, and there are only two recent ones which have been "approved" for treating this condition. (i can't take either one of those, but i did try them).

any improvement has been because of my strictly-observed diet, which means i eat everything, BUT NO FOOD CHEMICALS at all. did anyone see oprah 2 days ago? it was about the deplorable american diet, full of unpronounceable stuff, and unrecognizable as food by the poor body. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use? Empty Re: How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use?

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:02 pm

Bump.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use? Empty To Pen

Post  LG Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:52 am

Pen, don't you have Fibro?

Do you have any helpful advice for Jessica in regards to her question?

I'm curious to know as well. I don't want to be overly dramatic and I haven't done any research but I also have various pains. I have always thought it to be normal, and perhaps it is. I would still welcome any information.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use? Empty Re: How were you Dx'd with Fibromyalgia and what treatments do you use?

Post  pen Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi,

Only just managed to look at the screen, had migraine all day.
Cant do much from my phone, read but not post....

My dad had Fibrositis. All my life since I have had problems with muscle aches. Never could figure it.
As I entered peri menopause this got worse and in 1999 I had a total CFS breakdown.
Pain, migraines, weakness, dizziness depression. Waking exhausted. I thought I was loosing my mind.
I cant even recall half the symptoms, but if you ask me it would prompt my memory.

I had lots of blood work but nothing showed up except some mild anemia.
Also my thyroid was fluctuating.
Eventually, having sourced on line I asked to see a rheumatologist.
I went to Stoke Mandeville here in England and they gave me good news bad news.
Good news: You have Fibromyalgia. Bad news: Live with it.

That was in 2002. I have never had any help, certainly no medication, and in UK there seems to be no treatment protocol.
Jessica your symptoms could well be Fibro, but you would need to be tested. First they eliminate other possible cause, which are multiple. Then they do a physical of the tender points. There are 18 of them. I think you need to have at least 11 for a diagnosis. I had all 18.

It is known for causing headaches and migraines, but the neuros in my experience only treat it as co morbid. The rheumatologists...who cant help you, accept the actual causation.

Its a bizarre illness, dont bother having it. But do ask me anything you like.

Hope this helps a bit.
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down