migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Procedure went horribly :(

+16
MaryAnneLive
theresae
LizzieB
Richard
justmeK
crt
Mule Kick
Brenda
kimsmom
CluelessKitty
milo
alli
LG
tecky
Paradox
Stillhurtin
20 posters

Go down

Procedure went horribly :( Empty Procedure went horribly :(

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:24 am

What a mess!!! How do I sum it up?

At my dr office they don't knock you out prior to the ablation. They gave me pain meds, plus a zanax and a toradol liquid. So from the get go... It was painful. The shots of local anesthetic were HELL!!! 7 of them, so so bad!! I was crying and yelling. I am
a migraneur... Aka.. Pain Champ... This was off the charts! Then they tried to do the balloon procedure, and my uterus was in an awkward position ( forgot word they used... Oh yeah .. Anterior prolapse??? I think..) and my uterus then went into massive contractions. The machine started alarming, and they called an end to the procedure.
So I now have togo to the hospital to be put under for it. When? Don't know yet. But we are talking today about maybe just going with the hysterectomy.

Ugghhh!! I am sad frustrated in pain and groggy oh yeah and in pain. I plan to double up on pain Meds today and hope to feel better quickly.

I know I must sound like such a baby... I really do have hightbpain threshold, thus was bad news!!

Thanks for listening, and all your words of support on my other post. Love you guys!!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Procedure went horribly :( Empty Re: Procedure went horribly :(

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:29 am

Hi Sweetie,

I pushed past my eebie-jeebies to read your post to see how you're doing. I am so sorry. I had a prolapsed uterus also.

I just don't understand why you weren't put under in the first place.

I'm sure this route keeps scarring at bay. Sometimes I have pain from my hysterectomy (and all my other "female" operations and procedures) interior scars. GUess it would be nice to avoid that if you could.

Thinking about you.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:49 am

Oh, Jessica, I'm so sorry.......how cruel and unfeeling those doctors were. I can't believe they didn't do it under general anesthesia--I think I'd choose general anesthesia for any procedure any more. It is better for my general well-being not to know what happened.

Did they send you home with any meds to keep you comfortable after their torture?

Sending you hugs. Be good to yourself today. You're in my prayers.

Take care, flower

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks guys! I'm super sad today. I feel like a failure ( I know of wasn't my fault still I feel that way) and I feel like such a mopey always something complaining depressing pile of yuck! I feel like I'm turning into more of a burden than anything else. To everyone... Work, family, friends.... Myself even. I just want the energetic fun-loving busy excited me back. Is she really gone forever? Sad
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:51 am

No she's not gone forever. This is a small part of your life hunny. It'll get better..please don't dispair. I'm sorry your procedure went so badly, it was unfair of your doctors to do it while you were awake.

In a couple of months this will be all over and you can put it behind you. It will probably make you a stronger woman because of the trouble you went through. All the feelings you have are normal, and remember we love and support you. I'm sorry again. Feel better.. I love you
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:09 am

My uterus was prolapsed also which is why I had a hysterectomy in addition to taking out my extremely painful, malfunctioning ovary, and no, you are not a baby. It HURTS when your uterus in not in the right place! Anything to do with the lady parts can be horrendously painful even if we have a high pain threshold.

I'm so sorry it went so badly and I hope it goes better when they put you under for the procedure.

Hugs
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:30 am

oh hurtin...you're still hurtin! Look ate the bright side, at least you won't have to come up with a new name for the website! lol

I'm really sorry you went through this. It really does sound like torture.

I'm trying to think of a positive for if you need to have the hyster. If it's a total, ovaries and all, then there are a few positives.

1) good bye periods Can't argue with that one!

2) Good bye to ovulation pain

3) Many women say good bye to their migraines when they go through menopause....it could happen to you too!

Ok...and then of course the obvious bad side is the instant menopause which is not a great experience.

Do you have to decide yourself or are they making it for you?
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:09 pm

First of all I am so sorry you had to go thru all this. What a jerks they all are not to put you under right away to begin with!!!! You are definitely not a baby and not a failure!!!

You were very brave to go and try to do what you did and I am angry the procedure wasn't stopped at the first sign of problems!

I hope you are feeling much better by now, poor sweetie.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Oh I just hate that that happened to you. I am so sorry to hear this. I was in the hospital and they put me to sleep. It was done and over before I knew it. Best surgery/procedure I ever had done.

If you do go the route of hysterectomy I would keep your overies. Then you will not have to take hormone pills which in itself can cause headache. Having your own body produce your own estrogen and progesteron is benifical. For one thing it keeps you looking young.

I know how you feel about always having an issue but this too will pass. Get this procedure done in the hospital where they put you to sleep and you will be pleased with the result.

I am so sorry for all your pain and misery right now. You did not need this. Remember it is all the doctors fault and not yours. You did everything right.

My thoughts are with you,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:08 pm

I hope as we see more and more women Drs. that there will be more focus on barbaric practices like not putting you out for something like that. And don't get me started on mammo's. Evil or Very Mad

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:22 pm

OMG I've never heard of having an ablation without being under general anesthesia. How terrible. You're not a whiner or a burden. Hang in there honey. I hope you feel better soon. Men need to have the same kind of procedures without real anesthesia and then they'll "get it."
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Brenda, I agree!

The liars told me that a colposcopy wouldn 't hurt, maybe just a little "pinching" or "cramping". It was excruciating torture. So much so, that like with Stillhurting, the procedure could not be completed.

It was rescheduled for the OR, and performed under general anesthesia. I have now had three colposcopies done in the OR; the first two of which were combined with a LEEP procedure, for severe dysplasia.

Last edited by Mule Kick on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Procedure went horribly :( Empty So sorry!

Post  crt Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 pm

That's so awful! Talk about medieval torture of the Inquisition! I feel so bad for you right now I'd like to punch somebody for you. I'm not usually a violent person but your experience makes me feel extreme.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  justmeK Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:04 am

I'm sorry to hear that your procedure went so badly. I hurt just reading your post (I cannot believe you wouldn't be put under for that), so please don't feel bad.

Hugs,

Kris
justmeK
justmeK

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:09 am

First, you all make me painfully glad to be a man!

Second, you are not a whiner or an always-bringer-of-sad-news. You are an INCREDIBLY strong and brave woman, I could not stand half of what you endure.

third, the you and the me of yesteryear is gone. Forever. All any of us has is today. In fact, what we all have is the "right this very instant." the way we deal with what is directly in front of us defines who were are. And I see YOU as an incredibly strong human being facing great obstacles with courage, grace, and beauty, Believe me! I am sometimes correct and I think this is one of those times.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:43 am

Jessica, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hope you're feeling better--both physically and emotionally--today. Hang in there; things will get better.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:34 am

Oh my goodness you poor thing. And I thought the smear I had recently with a prolapse was bad enough, but your experience has kind of put it into perspective.

You're certainly justified in whinging your head off after what you've been through.

Thinking of you and hope you're feeling much better soon.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:03 pm

hi dont feel bad about being in pain, it is not a reflection on you at all, i work on a gyna ward and it is a fact that all womens cervix's have different amount of sensitivity, nothing to do with whether you are normally a 'hard nut' it is all down to mother nature,

i had the mirena coil fitted last year and to do this they have to clip your cervix open and by god did that smart, the tears streamed down my face not from crying but from the shear pain, i felt waves of pain shot through my whole body i was quite shaken after it, and ive had 2 kids, gall stone pain, torn a ligament in my back, and had migraines for 9 years, so yeah i know pain, much like us all on here and havin anyone mess with your cervix hurts!!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:56 pm

I am so sorry it didn't go well Sad they should be shot for not just knocking you out. I am glad they stopped the procedure! I am thinking of you. I hope that you know that you are loved and that this is only a stepping stone. You will not always feel this way.

sending you my best vibes,

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:05 am

How are you doing now Jessica?
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brain Pain Mom Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm

My best friend suffers from IC and she referred me to a Urologist in Woodstock. Crystal was having a lot of UTIs. She loves him and he is wonderful about pain treatments fot things like that. If you want, I would be more than happy to pass on his info.

He's kindof mad scientist looking and his practice is in the back of his home. He answers his own phone and is great for emergencies. I know that you love your OBGYN though. I have always had a hard time finding doctors that i like so when I get a good one I always spread the news..

I hope that you are feeling better. sunny
Brain Pain Mom
Brain Pain Mom

Back to top Go down

Procedure went horribly :( Empty procedure went horribly

Post  dizzyflower Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:52 am

Jessica

sorry you should have to go through this. I agree they should be shot for doing this just on local anaesthetic.

How are you now?

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 am

You poor thing...
I hope that this negative moment will soon finish. I keep my fingers crossed that the surgery will be quick and fine.
Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Procedure went horribly :( Empty Re: Procedure went horribly..

Post  Cindy*W Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:16 am

So sorry to hear it didn't go well.

I have to say that I really thought they would have given you Versaid (twilight sleep drug) or put you completely under.

My hysterectomy and both my elbow surgeries were done that way and to me it was no different than going under general anesthsia.

It's like you come to and don't remember a thing, and that's how I want it! Smile

I am really sorry that you had to go thru that pain....I can only imagine how bad it was.

Anyway, hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down