migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stimpath procedure, anyone?

2 posters

Go down

Stimpath procedure, anyone? Empty Stimpath procedure, anyone?

Post  Mig_rainy Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:50 pm

Has anyone any information on the following procedure or on the centers?

http://migrainecenters.com/stimpath-procedurehttp://migrainecenters.com/stimpath-procedure

Mig_rainy

Back to top Go down

Stimpath procedure, anyone? Empty Re: Stimpath procedure, anyone?

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:37 am

Hi,

I had an occipital nerve stimulator placed in 2004. I had to have it revized in 2005, 2007, and 2010- all revisions were done due to broken wires.

The nerve stimulator has helped me tremendously. Before the stimulator was implanted, medications only knocked the pain down a bit, and that tiny bit of relief was short lived. After the stimulator, medications worked. I was also in remission for about 8 months after the initial placement- I was able to go from long acting pain meds to pain medications as needed. It has made a huge difference in my quality of life. Though I am not in remission now, medications work better- this makes a huge difference

My stimulator was originally placed at Jefferson University Medical Center. In addition, mine was placed between Phase II and Phase III clinical trials. I did have the option of being in the trial, but due to distance, the fact that I wanted to ensure that I recieved the stimulator, not the placebo. Subsequent revisions were done by the same neurosurgeon, who had moved to Colorado. So the other revisions were done in Denver..

I will be happy to give you any more informartion if you woould like it. Feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to give you more information.

Pain free days,
sailing
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Stimpath procedure, anyone? Empty procedure

Post  Mig_rainy Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:27 am

Thanks so much for the reply. Great that you've had some relief!

Mig_rainy

Back to top Go down

Stimpath procedure, anyone? Empty Re: Stimpath procedure, anyone?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down