migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ablation tomorrow......FaaaahhhhhhREAKin out!!

+4
tecky
LG
kimsmom
Stillhurtin
8 posters

Go down

Ablation tomorrow......FaaaahhhhhhREAKin out!! Empty Ablation tomorrow......FaaaahhhhhhREAKin out!!

Post  Stillhurtin Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm

OMG! I am flippin my lid. I know it is gonna be fine. I know it's not a major surgery and that I have sustained probably WAY worse. None the less, freeeeaaakkkkkkiiinnnggg out! affraid

why?

1. The thought of it...the balloon..... the heat.....BARF Uck OUCH!!
2. And I have to be awake!!! Are there sounds?? I'm gonna vomit just thinking about it.
3. and then..... Sad it's final.... no more babies for me Sad Sad Sad
(Yes that a hormone triggered over-reaction, b/c honestly...we were done anyway. BUT...to have that option taken from me..... I don't like it)
4. Recovery calls for pads, pain pills, nausea meds, and a heating pad. Greeaaaat. Lookin forward to the next couple days!! pale

OK...Thanks for letting me get that out! I needed that. Hubby JUST doesn't get it. (Shocking!!)
cheers
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Ablation tomorrow......FaaaahhhhhhREAKin out!! Empty Re: Ablation tomorrow......FaaaahhhhhhREAKin out!!

Post  kimsmom Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:47 pm

I had a thurmal ablation done nine years ago. Is this the type you are having? It was the best surgery I ever had. I woke up in the surgery room AFTER the surgery and talked with the doctor. It was done in 20 minutes. I was put to sleep.

I do not remember much pain but it was a while ago. It was wonderful. No more monthly worries or pain.

No surgery is fun. I know you are apprehensive but it must be the best for you if this is the course you are taking. I had passed out on the bathroom floor all alone three months after my divorce. No one was home and I woke up on the floor! I got the surgery right after that.

I did not like the fact of no more kids even though I had my kids but I soon got over it. I think it is a normal feeling to feel that.

I will be thinking of you and hope that you do not have much uncomfortableness. Let your hubby baby you for a few days and you will be good as new. Even better .

It will be over before you know it. All the best.

hugs to you,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Ablation tomorrow......FaaaahhhhhhREAKin out!! Empty Re: Ablation tomorrow......FaaaahhhhhhREAKin out!!

Post  LG Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 pm

I know you'll be okay because you are a tough strong woman. It's scary and I'd feel everything you are feeling right now, but don't worry it'll be over soon. It'll be a distant memory and you'll be thankful when it is done. Let us know how you feel when you are up to it. We'll be thinking of you!

Lots of love from all of us! I love you
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:57 am

You,re in my prayers, J. I'll be thinking of you.

I know you're scared, but try to keep in mind the end results: no more heavy periods, no more embarrassment, less pain. I don't think you'll have much pain afterwards, anyway I don't remember having much. If any, just some minor cramping.

I was put to sleep when I had it done. ?????

Hang in there. I'm sending hugs and pleasant thoughts your way.

Becky I love you
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 am

I'm sure everything will go well. Just keep remembering that after it's done, so more pain from that area. You're in my prayers.
Hugs
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Hope all went well for you today. When you are up to it let us know how you are doing.

I am sure you are glad it is over. You will be glad you did it.

Hugs to you,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Yikes! major yikes! How did it go?? I am thinking of you, sending best of vibes!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Ablation tomorrow......FaaaahhhhhhREAKin out!! Empty thinking of you

Post  crt Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:31 pm

I think all surgeries and many "procedures" demand respect. It's understandable that you're anxious. If you weren't I'd wonder! I feel confident that everything went well and we're looking forward to hearing from you when you feel up to typing.

Hugs,
Chris

PS Personally I'm a big chicken with the dentist. I'm so terrified, even if it's just a cleaning. Surgeries I'm fine because they knock me out. I don't have to feel, hear, see, or smell anything like I do at the dentist. Oh yeah, I'm not real happy about having the eye exam where they touch an instrument, a pressure meter, to the eyeball to measure pressure. Glaucoma is an issue on the female side of my family so I've been having my pressure checked from a young age.
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Oh Yikes! I totally understand the fear. I hope that it went really well today!!!

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Stillhurtin wrote:OMG! I am flippin my lid. I know it is gonna be fine.

HA! Guess Not!!! Mad
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down