migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migrane and Headache Releif That helped me

3 posters

Go down

Migrane and Headache Releif That helped me Empty Migrane and Headache Releif That helped me

Post  rawhide Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Hello,

I want to introduce myself, I am 35 years and often suffer extreme migraines and headaches at least one a month for as long as I can remember. All chronic migraine sufferer would know that it is not only very painful but hinders life in many ways. I can remember as a student in school I remember doing very failing in exams often because of migraines, on the same subject matter that I would usually ace on normal days. I myself decided to no longer work in a regular corporate environment because of frequent migraine attacks that makes me inefficient in such stressful environments, that is why I am now working at home.

For migraine management, I have taken all kinds of drugs such as Tramadol, Paracetamols, and asprin. The thing with these pills is that I need to drink large doses even with the powerful drugs for negligible relief. And as I drink one pill that used to be effective at first, down the road they loose their effect. Right now I can overdose on Tramadol and it won't give me a single relief(Believe me I tried). I am sure frequent drugs even the most common ones wont be good for my internal organs in the long run.

Through the years, the only good thing that came out of living with migraine is that it forced me to be open-minded and try new things more in desperation rather than curiosity. I wanted to share some of the things that works for me and what does not so that in case you get a migraine, you have some options.

1) Body massage:
If someone you know knows proper body massage it can help. The deep ones really helps. Although it is not instant relief, in a few hours after, the migraine often ease out a bit. The problem with this is that it is not everytime that someone is around that knows how to do it right. When the migraine is just setting in this is a surefire way to stop it.

2) Cayenne pepper tea:
Everyone knows it can help a bit, but sometimes in a bad attack, all it does is make the mouth hot.

3) Drink a glass of water and one more.
Try drinking water on the onset of an attack, and then one more glass when you think you are full. Sometimes this helps sometimes not. No matter what you are doing, water is always good so might as well try out.

4) Face Spa:
This is the best cure I have tried when the migraine has already set in. I know it sounds strange but it works. Just heat up your face with it and while you breath the steam somehow the migrane feels it is non-existant. After being away from the device you may feel it come back bit by bit though, so just go back to the face spa when the migraine peaks again.

The face spa looks something like this:
Migrane and Headache Releif That helped me Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9zflh06IBELdpG5mb68kLVi5nIX5POehD9QHHU_zYPkJ5zJhn

5) Hot towel:
If the facespa is not available, or the pain is not in the temples, maybe the back of the head, you can roll a small wet towel and put it in the microwave for a few secs. Then put it over the head, just be sure it is bearable so you don't scald yourself. I used to do this before I discovered the face-spa method. The downside is, other than accidentally burning yourself, the heat dissipates quite quickly and have to do the process again and again - something that might be hard to do when you are in pain. If someone can heat it for you, then good. You have to have some heat for a few mins to have some relief.

6) Slow breathing, meditation:
For light attacks this can help relax the muscles. But dont count on it when you are in the middle of a bad attack. Still effective when coupled with other techniques like massage and heat/face-spa/hot-towel. With headaches that throbs a lot, its just impossible to do.

All of the above works better for me than medicines that doctors have prescribed to manage pains. Let me know if any of these helped you guys and you might as well share some few tricks.

rawhide

Back to top Go down

Migrane and Headache Releif That helped me Empty Re: Migrane and Headache Releif That helped me

Post  dcook60 Thu May 02, 2013 9:21 am

rawhide, if i had some "tricks" learned after 44 years of migraines, i'd surely share them. unfortunately, the only thing that's ever helped me one whit is a VERY hot bath, almost boiling my head. and that's extremely temporary; the pain comes roaring back soon.

so i'm intrigued by the "facial spa", conair is the one you show. i read some semi-bad reviews of this one, and may try to look at the vicks brand. steaming my head over an open pan of water is, somehow, primitive and dangerous. thanks for your tips!

meanwhile, i am hugely fortunate that two of the triptan drugs work to keep me out of bed and working at my advanced age. dianne

dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Migrane and Headache Releif That helped me Empty Re: Migrane and Headache Releif That helped me

Post  japetter Sat May 11, 2013 1:56 am

rawhide wrote:Face Spa:
This is the best cure I have tried when the migraine has already set in. I know it sounds strange but it works. Just heat up your face with it and while you breath the steam somehow the migrane feels it is non-existant. After being away from the device you may feel it come back bit by bit though, so just go back to the face spa when the migraine peaks again.

Yes, you are lucky to find out that steamer is good for migraine pain relief.

It will do better if you add some natural herbals.

My friend and I will open a small steamer shop for migraine pain relief in Los Angeles next month.

There is a 30%-50% of migraine sufferers could stop the migraine pain for years after 5 timers steaming your head.

I post the steamer method in my post here but seems nobody believe me

https://migrainepage.forumotion.net/t3987-introduce-some-chinese-traditional-medicine-solution-for-migraine#37325

Last edited by japetter on Sat May 11, 2013 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

japetter

Back to top Go down

Post  japetter Sat May 11, 2013 2:06 am

dcook60 wrote:steaming my head over an open pan of water is, somehow, primitive and dangerous. thanks for your tips!

turn off the heat first then put your head over an open pan
Remember do not too close to the pan to avoid scald

japetter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down