migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headaches relationship to latitude or altitude?

4 posters

Go down

Headaches relationship to latitude or altitude? Empty Headaches relationship to latitude or altitude?

Post  BullsFan Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi,

I have had chronic daily headache (CDH) for many years. Last year I lived in Costa Rica, and my headache condition improved dramatically. However, since moving back to the U.S. my condition has gotten worse once again. I was wondering if any one has had experience with their headache condition improving closer to the equator or at certain altitudes above sea level? I was living in San Jose which is about 1000 meters above sea level.

Thanks! Basketball

BullsFan

Back to top Go down

Headaches relationship to latitude or altitude? Empty Re: Headaches relationship to latitude or altitude?

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 pm

More likely there was a change in your diet. Are you eating more processed foods, more artificial additives, nitrates, etc...? Many people find these things can lead to migraines. Try eating more fresh foods like you did down there. You may see an improvement.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Headaches relationship to latitude or altitude? Empty Re: Headaches relationship to latitude or altitude?

Post  Seaine Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 pm

I agree, it was likely a change in your diet. I can't eat any artificial colorings (any color with a # in front of it, or "color added" or "artifical coloring" on the ingredient list). I know these colors are not used in some other countries.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Headaches relationship to latitude or altitude? Empty Diet Changes

Post  BullsFan Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:49 am

Thanks for the responses. Do you know how long it typically takes for diet changes to impact chronic daily headache?

Thanks! Cool

BullsFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:35 am

All anyone can do is speculate. It may very well be the climate that made the difference. Barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, seasonal changes, air quality, local tree and plant species -- any and all of these things can effect headaches.
Platypus
Platypus

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:36 am

BullsFan wrote:Thanks for the responses. Do you know how long it typically takes for diet changes to impact chronic daily headache?

Thanks! Cool

In my case, the diet changes had an effect within 48 hours.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Thu May 02, 2013 6:06 pm

It's certainly easy enough to try and find out!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down