migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stinging skin

2 posters

Go down

Stinging skin Empty Stinging skin

Post  Susan PT Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:03 am

Why oh why does my skin sting on getting into a bath the day I have a migraine? No one seems to know the answer to this but it is the only constant I can work out to do with my migraines. I get them now between 7 and 15 days a month and have tried everything. My next option is Botox though I'm not sure about that one...sounds a bit hit and miss to me. I'm 40 and have always suffered from migraine but it's only been since the birth of my second son 6 yrs ago that things have ramped up. I'm pretty sure they are hormonally linked but every month seems to be different. No food seems to trigger them consistently..but at certain times of the month the wine/chocolate triggers seem to apply...not at other times of the month...how confused am I?

So if anyone has had this stinging skin thing do let me know...it may be the key...

Susan PT

Back to top Go down

Stinging skin Empty Re: Stinging skin

Post  WitsEnd Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome to the forum, but I'm sorry you had to seek us out!

When do you experience it? Before the migraine hits, during or after? Or all of them?

My skin is sensitive to touch following a migraine and I often wonder if it's nerve sensitivity because of the migraine itself, or a reaction to the triptans scratch
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan PT Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Hiya, I am pretty sure it's caused by whatever is causing the migraines as I noticed it years ago before the migraines got frequent enough to take triptans...I put it down to hormones as I've heard it can change the ph level of the skin.. very odd and no doctor seems to know what is causing it. I remember thinking, before I knew it was connected to hormones and/or migraines, that the water was slightly acidic.. but no one else could feel the stinging..so just me then!!

Susan PT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down