migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get thicker skin....

4 posters

Go down

How to get thicker skin.... Empty How to get thicker skin....

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:30 pm

I found out today that some one insinuated something about me that was waaayyy off base. And it made me mad. And it ruined my mood. Now I want to just forget about it. I can't do anything about it, what was said was said. I talked it out with hubby and he's on board with me and is helping me share my mad (it's so nice to have someone to commiserate with).

In fact it's a scandalous insinuation so hubbies attitude is all that matters.

I don't want a confrontation because that will only escalate and draw more attention to the issue.

I want to let it go and get my good mood back. But I can't. I have a good mad going. How do you get things to roll off your back? Mad
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

How to get thicker skin.... Empty Re: How to get thicker skin....

Post  annabella Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:22 pm

hi there,

when i am ruminating over some slight someone has done or said to me i always find it helpful to visualise the person who has said it as a five year old with a dummy (soother) in their mouth. for some reason visual affirmations work with me and not so much the written word. other friends of mine put notes to themselves on the fridge or somewhere else they look at often and it stops the negative thoughts for them.

however, i have lived long enough to see people get their karma. they may not get it straight away but they always get it, so maybe console yourself with that thought!

sorry someone has been a troublemaker for you. please dont ruin your days by giving them power over your mood.

kind thoughts to you

flower
annabella
annabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Well, it's several hours later and I'm still mad, but boy is my house clean.

I need to pay someone to really tic me off once a week or so. silent
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:34 pm

What is wrong with a confrontation? Really, let the chips fall where they may? You did'n't start it and this person shouldn't get away with treating you like this. Get it out of your system and don't bury it deep inside of you.

You are too old for this shiat. Move over, because Charlotte is here and she deserves better and hubby supports her. Think about creative ways to handle this and I bet you can find something less public to deal with it. Shake things up. This person probably did it because they didn't think you would do anything, so mess up their reality and do something, even if it is small.

GO GET EM

Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Charlotte,

I used to be a like you until I meet my hubby. His attitude is to blow his top, let it all out with a vengeance (confront the person in this case) and then swiftly move on.

Forgiveness is overrated.... if you have been wronged it will only eat you up over a long period of time. It is better to have a fully blown confrontation and to get it out of your system once and for all.

In the long run people will realize not to mess with the polar bear who has got her bum in the air. Very Happy

P.

PS: Supportive hubbies are the best! I love you

Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Angela,

looks like we are of the same opinion Smile

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down