migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New postdrome symptom

3 posters

Go down

New postdrome symptom  Empty New postdrome symptom

Post  Feddy Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:51 pm

I had two powerful migraines this week, Wednesday and yesterday. After both attacks, I have been left with my migraine hangover however with new symptoms. Normally, I am slow and feel "fuzzy" for a day or so. Today I feel dizzy and nauseated, like I'm seasick. I keep thinking I'm going to throw up but never do. The dizziness isn't extreme, just enough to leave me feeling off...but not like I'm going to fall over. Wednesday night however I had full-on vertigo when the pain finally left. I had the spins like I'd drank two bottles of wine! Needless to say, it was pretty unnerving.

I am also having trouble with coordination. Last night, I dropped a brand new bottle of face wash in the sink and spilled half. It literally fell out of my hand. Today, I dropped a tin of tea (limited edition Christmas blend) and lost 1/4 of the tin. pale Things are just slipping from my fingers, I can't describe it any better. I feel so clumbsy.

The pain itself stopped late yesterday afternoon and I got a great sleep last night. When I went to bed I figured that I'd wake up feeling better as I normally do but today is just as bad as last night. It's not fair. I am of course grateful that the pain is gone but dealing with this is just as bad and debilitating in its own way.

Feddy

Back to top Go down

New postdrome symptom  Empty Re: New postdrome symptom

Post  dcook60 Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:57 pm

hi feddy, i just read a few of your recent posts. i am so sorry you don't feel you can be a parent. of course, many who don't have children made that decision without any physical reasons at all....my own daughter, for instance. (which makes me just a little sad; she is 42 now)

i just wanted to say that i hope you found a new neuro, one who will not push topomax. you've been there; done that. no reason to keep on with something you know has unpleasant effects.

since i've been clumsy my whole life, dropping things left and right, i can't imagine this is very serious. but since it's not the norm for you, i imagine it's a bit disconcerting. as far as i'm aware, though, clumsiness is a common after-effect of migraine, as is weakness. i'm weak as a kitten for a day after a killer bout.

good fortune to you for getting back to normal asap. dianne

dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Feddy, I don't have migraines, but a chronic headache (with some migraine like symptoms), and I also have the dizziness, nausea, some loss of coordination, increased sound sensitivity, and like you a feeling that my balance is off. However, I have those symptoms at higher level of headache pain.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  Feddy Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks Dianne and Martin. It took two days but the symptoms have finally passed and I am feeling pretty much back to normal. I have to say though, the experience was very new and VERY strange.

Dianne, my feelings on being a parent change every day. I go back and forth, back and forth on what I feel and think about being a mother. My psychiatrist and I have talked about it endlessly but of course, he won't tell me what to do, only help me work through my (very confused) feelings. My biggest worry is that I sometimes can't even take care of myself so how on earth could I care for an infant?!? I don't want to put that on my husband...taking care of me can be all consuming, let alone an innocent baby too.

My parents have been incredibly supportive and have always taken care to ensure that I know there's no pressure from them (it helps that they already have a grandson and my sister is pregnant with #2!). I'm sure they'd love it if I became pregnant but they are very clear that they only want that for me if I want it for myself. I still have time (I'm 34) and knowing that there's no urgency to do something TODAY helps.

Martin, that must be very difficult for you too. For me, the symptoms have also happened when I am very sick with migraine but usually in that case, I'm so preoccupied by the pain that I don't pay a whole lot of attention to everything else going on.

I wish you both a good, pain free day.

Feddy

Feddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down