migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi - New Member

2 posters

Go down

Hi - New Member  Empty Hi - New Member

Post  Heather-T Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:33 am

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself Very Happy

I've lived with migraines for 21 years now they are extremely severe and complicated - then again I don't believe any migraine is straight forward.

I had a car accident 21 years ago and after that, among other life long injuries, migraines is part of the effect of the accident. At least I'm alive! To be quite honest when my migraine is really, really bad my private thoughts are, 'I just want to crawl in a hole and die.' And after a few days to a week when the migraine is over I'm so relieved - exhausted but, relieved. I"m sure you all understand.

Sometimes my migraines scare me, they bugger with my overall body temperature I either get a fever or my body temp dips below normal so that I'm freezing. My heart rhythm gets buggered up, and so does my breathing (autonomic symptoms) sometimes I lose parts of my vision, get a strange smell (moments before) flashing lights and or zig zags, eye and face twitching etc. Usually by the 2nd day of my migraine my communication skills are really poor. I can even see a mental image of what I want to say but, for the life of me I can't get the word out of my mouth - so frustration!

I've had a neuro for 10 years now I've tried all sorts of meds and the side effects where really bad. For the past 5 years I've been on Botox treatments which oo help I now only get migraines a few times a month. My average migraine lasts anywhere from 2 - 5 days, prior to Botox I had migraines all month long for years and years.

Anyways, tonight I have a migraine - I hope it goes away really soon because I have a lot of work to do tomorrow well actually I have a huge project to finish so *crosses fingers* to feeling better tomorrow. I joined this forum to connect with others, share and learn.

Well that's a bit about me - See you later. Hope you've all had a nice weekend - bless flower

Heather-T

Heather-T

Back to top Go down

Hi - New Member  Empty Re: Hi - New Member

Post  dcook60 Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:17 pm

welcome to this wonderful forum, heather. you "get" what most new people don't; namely that we can't read blocks of type.

so you did your post just right! sorry you have to be here. you have such devastating effects from the accident. if you've read lots of other posts here, you will know that neuros are notoriously non-helpful.

not because they aren't "good guys/gals", but because our condition is so very hard to treat, especially when people (me, and lots of others) are drug-sensitive.

i understand totally your wish to "crawl in a hole and die". i think my byline, after 43 years of this monster disorder, (for the past 12 years, daily) is.......

when i want to explain it to somebody: "first you're afraid you'll die, and then you're afraid you won't". yet, i love life, and can enjoy most days in spite of the pain. i rely on maxalt and amerge; have you tried all the triptans? miracle drugs for many, and of course not everyone by any means.

a large number of us here have "been everywhere/tried everything". preventives are not very successful for us hard-core folks, about whom the docs have no idea what is going on inside our heads.

if you are able to consult other neuros, a new and different approach may be possible. my bro lives in canada, so i know something about the limitations of the canadian medical system.

good luck to you. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather-T Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:37 am

Hiya Dianne,

Pleasure meeting you where are you from? Oh and what province is your brother living in?

Yes I have taken Maxalt for awhile it helped somewhat. Then they stopped working much like a lot of meds, triptans you name it, through desperation I tried Prednisone such a nasty drug really, mind you it did help a little bit for a few months. But, due to awful side affects I had to get off that drug as well.

Good news is by this evening my migraine has eased to some degree of which I am thankful and do believe I will survive lol Such a crazy roller coaster ride isn't it.

I changed Neuro's about 8 months ago now so will see how this one goes. My last one I had for 5 years and she was extremely moody - ha like I need that eh a moody Doctor! She hated it if I questioned anything and even more so if I wanted a 2nd opinion. *shock the gall of me* sheesh so I moved on.

I've got a few things to throw out on the boards here as in some really weird questions and well share some weird experiences with my migraines. But, for now I'll leave it there as it's really late errrr emmm well... I should say it's really early and I have work tomorrow -Up early... bright eyed and bushy tailed... ahahah I hope!

Take care of yourself - C U soon.
Heather

Heather-T

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather-T Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 am

I am ROFLMAO Dianne AFTER I posted my reply I saw where you are from - I didn't notice it was right beside your post! Ahahaha I see how it works now.

Here I thought, "oh Dianne must have looked at my profile that's how she knows I'm from Canada"

Too funny,

Waving ~~ Laters
Heather

Heather-T

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 pm

a little brain glitch, eh? i have them ALL THE TIME! obvious things just don't occur to me.

my only sibling lives in new westminster, next door to vancouver. he's single, has lived in a high-rise apartment building on the 14th floor for over 25 years. we are VERY different, but look just alike.

i may be coming up there at some point because bro dear just found out his hip is disintegrated totally, and he has to have hip replacement at age 68. he was quite athletic; shows to go ya that you can't win for losing......try to keep fit and you ruin your joints. life's not fair, is it?

keep us posted on your situation, ok? dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down