migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member...

+2
dcook60
krissylucille
6 posters

Go down

New member... Empty New member...

Post  krissylucille Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi My name is Kristina,
I have been diagnosis with severe chronic daily migraine which pretty much means that for the last 5 years I have had 1 constant migraine that only breaks when I go to the hospital when they get really bad.

I'm light, smell and sound sensitive. Im a allergic to all triptons which makes treatment hard. I have seen a tons of doctors and I'm at the end of my ropes. I have seen 7 neurologists in totally since the age of 12 when they started and they are literally no help so any advice would do.

Hope you are at least having a good day! Smile

Last edited by krissylucille on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
krissylucille
krissylucille

Back to top Go down

New member... Empty Re: New member...

Post  dcook60 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 am

kristina, we all want to chime in to help you with ideas. but most of us are unable to read big walls of text.

so, if you could please edit your message, and hit enter TWICE, after every sentence or two, you would get more responses.

you are definitely too young to have all this pain, and we feel badly for you. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 am

I feel for you dear, I really do. I started having migraines at 10 and have had them a minimum of two days a week since then. Often daily. I'm glad that you found us, but I'm sorry you needed to find us. I'm not sure I can give you much advice that you haven't tried. Has any doctor suggested trying a course of steroids to try to break the cycle you're in? That works for some people.

Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  krissylucille Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks for the tips about the forum I have never really done this before.

And no they haven't tried a steroid treatment but I have a doctors appointment soon so Ill suggest that because they really have given up and unless I suggest stuff they only give me pain killers.

Thanks for the help and hope you are doing well today! Smile
krissylucille
krissylucille

Back to top Go down

New member... Empty UGH!!!

Post  freak032173 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Sorry for all your troubles sweetie!! I, too, have an almost daily M. Feverfew is on my list of things to try. some people report great success. Have you tried it yet? You can get it at most health food stores.

Good Luck!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

"freak"
freak032173
freak032173

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicole'smom Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi,

I am glad you found this forum. I have found many knowledgeable and helpful people on this site. I am so sorry to hear about your chronic migraine pain. I have a daughter who will be turning 14 soon. She also has been stuggling with chronic migraine for the last year (24/7). I have gotten some great information on here that I have been able to discuss with her doctors.

I wish I had some good advice medically, but we are still searching for answers ourselves. Hang in there, keep trying things, and keep us posted on your progress.

Would you be open to private messaging with my daughter? I know she feels pretty isolated being the only teen she knows with this particular health issue.

I hope you find relief,

Nicole'smom

Nicole'smom
Nicole'smom

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Kristina, welcome to our site. Very sorry to hear how bad it is. I know that is really frustrating.

Have you tried natural supplements? After I had tried just about every possible preventative medicine with no help and lots of bad side effects, I stumbled onto some info on line by a doctor in Texas. He recommends bio-identical progesterone, magnesium, iodide and vitamin D. After I went on this, my migraine frequency went down considerably from just about daily to 20-30%. So it did not eliminate them, but it certainly helped a lot.

If you are interested I will send you the info on it.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down