migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news- new nephew and paying the price

3 posters

Go down

Good news- new nephew and paying the price Empty Good news- new nephew and paying the price

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 am

Good News!-new nephew and paying the price
sconesail Today at 11:08 am

.Hi All,

I know that this piece of news isn't exactly migraine-related, but I seldom get to post good news and we can all use it.
I have a new nephew- his name is Hudson. He is adorable.

However, no one in my family can do anything medical normally. My SIL went in for pre-admission tests, as she was acheduled for a C-section. They said everything looked good, so they went home. Once they got there, her dr called and said come back now- as her bp was high (she had pre-eclampsia). As they couldn't get things under control, they went ahead with the C-section- the baby is perfect- 7llbs, 14oz. However, my SIL's BP was up then way to low. My mother, a retired pediatrician really couldn't help giving some input- ok-(She may have been micromanaging the nurses.) My brother was going crazy- trying to get mom out and deal with medical stuff. My mother didn't listen. The good thing, when my SIL's bp fell to 60, Mom noticed the magnesium drip was still going and made them stop. I guess it proves that mothers will always be mothers- and she wasn't about to let anything happen to her son, daughter-in-law, and her grandchild. Both my sister in law, and my nephew are ok. (I know this probably more than you want to know, but I wanted to share it anyway- especially since everyone here has always been so helpful and given such great advice.)

I was told not to come to the hospital that night because there was nothing I could do and John is still scared of the fainting. I saw him yesterday and got to hold him. He seemed happy as long as he was being rocked and could find his fingers to suck on. Though I have been told that he can be loud. But still, I am an aunt. John is still worried about the fainting stuff. My wonderful SIL isn't and was thrilled to let me hold him.

I am paying the price for a busy weekend and week today. (I had a friend come up for the weekend) Then the baby. And now, I have one heck of a migraine and have been fainting a ton today. Though, the fainting has gotten a little better since my dr upped the klonopin dose. I am just going to take it easy today- rest, read, maybe watch something. Tylenol 3, tramadol, klonopin, and benedryl are helping. I really miss Dora, my service dog who is in training right now- simply because she alerts to the fainting and such. She is doing very well in training and I will start training with her in about week after next. Still, I know that she is learning all the right stuff.

Pain free days,,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Good news- new nephew and paying the price Empty Re: Good news- new nephew and paying the price

Post  Migrainegirl Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:07 am

Congrats on the new nephew. I'm glad he and mom are doing okay.
Yes, the extra hours and excitement can up the migraines, which is a bummer.
But at least it was for a good cause.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Good news- new nephew and paying the price Empty Re: Good news- new nephew and paying the price

Post  Mini Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Congratulation SMuffin! You are right to let us share with you your wonderful news, and there is no better news that an arrival of a new baby into family. You have many, many happy hours to look forward too watching little Hudson grow up and develop.
Sorry about the M, but this often happens after some joyful events, the price we pay. I would guess that in this case it was worth it.

I hope you will feel better soon and remember that you have another happy event waiting for you to look forward too, as well: imminent arrival of Dora. Let us know when thsi happens.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down