migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imitrex withdrawl

4 posters

Go down

Imitrex withdrawl Empty Imitrex withdrawl

Post  sherri b Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:43 pm

I have been on a steroid for a week, breaking the cycle of migraines. Was using imitrex, treximet, toridal, oxycondone, one of then at least every day. Haven't had any of these meds in over a week.

My head is weird, feel like I am haulucinating, things are moving, no strength in my arm, jittery, and very anxious. Could this be withdrawls? Oh, and did I mention I feel like I am going crazy something is wrong in my head! ??

Help! If anyone out there has felt something similar please let me know what you think it is?

Sherri B! cyclops
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Imitrex withdrawl Empty Re: Imitrex withdrawl

Post  Beldame Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 am

When I was given steroids to break a cycle of migraines, my doctor specifically warned me that they could make one a touch 'manic' or anxious/wound up -- I wonder if you are having a reaction to the steroids rather than withdrawal from the other drugs? Certainly, you should ask you doctor what might be happening...

Beldame

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:37 am

I agree about the steroids, they do make you crazy. Been on them before. I have been done with them for 2 days now.

This something more. I was also on Risiperidone 1mg. Which is for depresssion and mood issues. He was trying to use it as a preventative for the migraines. I just thought it was that drug making me feel this way, I was on it for almost 3 weeks. I just quit taking it, could be a withdrawl from it also. This has gone on for about 4 days.

I called him yesterday to tell him of the drug reaction and that I didn't want to take it anymore, he lowered the dose! He still wants me to try it even how it makes me feel!

Not sure what I will do..... but still feeling in the dumps this morning.

Thanks for your response!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  ZomigMan Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:03 pm

I have to agree that it is likely the steroids. The last time I was on steriods (for breaking out of a chronic asthma bout) I had some really weird experiences. I was downtown walking around and suddenly I had to sit down in a Mexican restaurant patio and just sit there for 2 hours drinking water. I paid the waiter a few dollars an hour just to sit there. I was hallucinating and I had all kinds of weird physical feelings. Things were not right at all. I called the doctor the next day and he dropped the dosage. That stuff (Prednisone in my case) shuts your adrenal glands down, so you cannot just stop taking it. You have to gradually taper off of it. I have taken several Triptans and many types of opiates/synthetic opiates and I never had any similar issues with being on or coming off of them like I have on steriods.
ZomigMan
ZomigMan

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:14 am

Thanks Zomigman! that is how I have been feeling, for at least 4 days! I am completely off the steroid now. So maybe I will slowly get better.

It's good to hear of others experiences. Sometimes it can make you feel like you're going crazy. I guess no more steroids for me, one more thing on my list that I can't tolerate!

I got some dhea, that is suppose to build the adrenal glands
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:16 am

I felt like that when I tried quitting Lexapro cold turkey. I felt terrible. I had to go back to taking it and had the doctor tell me how to ween off of it. I needed to switch anti-depressants because of side effects.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:06 pm

It makes sense Brenda, I think the worse it over.

Now I have to decide if I want to try the lower dose. He is not giving up. Thinks I should take it!!! After what I have just been through I don't want to experience this again. I'm not even sure it helped the migraines!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down