migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

generic imitrex

+4
Melvar
02R96
AuntieBubbs
Norma
8 posters

Go down

generic imitrex Empty generic imitrex

Post  Norma Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Is anyone here using generic imitrex? Does it work OK? Where do you get it and how much do you pay? I am expecting to lose the waiver that allows me to get the quantity of Frova that I need, and I had wondered about using the insurance for the lesser quantity, and then getting a separate prescription for sumatriptan and paying for it out of pocket. I have viewed online prices and they vary tremendously, which makes me wonder if all of them are legit.

norma

Norma

Back to top Go down

generic imitrex Empty Re: generic imitrex

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:54 pm

I use generic Imitrex, 100 mg. It doesn't work as well as brand, but it's close enough that I'm ok with it.
I pay out of pocket for it (no insurance) and I pay about $180 for 9 tablets at CVS. I haven't used another pharmacy to fill my Imitrex prescrep yet, so I don't know about price variations. CVS has a discount program, so I know there's a slight discount there, but it's not very much.

I'd be interested to know what prices you're finding and at which pharmacies.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:25 pm

I use the generic injectable form and it works fine. affraid
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Melvar Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Norma wrote:Is anyone here using generic imitrex? Does it work OK? Where do you get it and how much do you pay? I am expecting to lose the waiver that allows me to get the quantity of Frova that I need, and I had wondered about using the insurance for the lesser quantity, and then getting a separate prescription for sumatriptan and paying for it out of pocket. I have viewed online prices and they vary tremendously, which makes me wonder if all of them are legit.

norma
my friend gave me the generic imitrex- 100 mg- sumatriptan succinate to try she gets them pretty cheap. work great for her, not so great for me. Worth a shot!

Melvar

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:02 pm

I have just made an order for 10 50mg. sumatriptan for $35.00, shipping $16.50--
I really can't make a habit of this, but I sold a painting, and I am scared to death that I am going to run out of meds.

I hope and pray they work and I didn't waste my money....

love ya,
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

generic imitrex Empty imitrex

Post  Norma Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks all. Holly, what a beautiful kitty! I knew the Frova "Gravy Train" would end some time, but I hate it. I've had what I needed when I needed it for several years now. BCBS sent us a statement of policy change this week saying that they would no longer reimburse for amounts greater than the FDA recommendations. Also, no meds that are "therapeutic duplications" or something like that. I am not sure what that will mean. I take 2 drugs for blood pressure--does that mean they will only pay for one? It gets harder all the time.

Norma

Norma

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm

I hope you were able to save up some for the famine...

That's exactly how Medicaid got out of paying for mine - money overrules patient care every time, it seems.

It seems to me that it would behoove the makers of triptans to lobby for a higher limit on the amount the FDA recommends... if they would study the actual patients, like Dr. Robbins did, they would find that many of us could take 30 a month with no problem. They would make lots more money (and we would have a life, not that that matters to them...)

I remember the "Zomig days" when my back was my only disability. I could travel, keep up with my art, and singing, so many things too many to name...

My order was made through Sun Pharma - I hope and pray that it does work. I would love to have gotten 100 mgs. but I could only get 50's with the money I had ...

I hope they don't mess up your blood pressure -
God bless,
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

generic imitrex Empty generic Imitrex

Post  rileyoday Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:58 pm

i was paying 150.$ for nine 100 mg tablets at rite aid cash price no ins . It was name brand...

I would fax my script to canada 10.$ per tablet then fill at rite aid . thats how i got my back up meds.

The scripts from canada were generic they worked good.

I have ordered generic sumatriptan on line no script 3 times . 6.$ each they work good also

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

Sometimes I don't realize how poor I am...
Buying triptans at $10 each, $150 a pop just astounds me.... I am happy that you guys have that kind of money.

With an income under $700 a month, giving up $50 had to wait until I sold something....

That doesn't happen often, because I rarely feel well enough to paint. I do have a good sales rate considering my low output...

My head has been just terrible for nearly two months now. Still haven't heard from the MRI...
Tis is a new level of pain for me. Even the Maxalt is barely working --- I only get three or four hours relief from it, when I used to get most of a day. I am scared guys, it's getting worse...

Pray for me please,
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:12 pm

hpilgrim wrote:Sometimes I don't realize how poor I am...
Buying triptans at $10 each, $150 a pop just astounds me.... I am happy that you guys have that kind of money.

Alot of us on here don't have that kind of money to spare. For some of us, it comes down to a choice of having to pay for our meds or pay for something else - like groceries, rent, or bills.

There are alot of us who are struggling, with both the pain and the stress of how to pay for our health care.

Personally, I'll hope that we can all find relief from both.

That said, if anyone has any suggestions on resources of where to buy generic imitrex inexpensively, I'm sure we'd all appreciate hearing them. Apparantly CVS is charging me way to much, at $180 for 9 100 mg. tablets. Thanks!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  rileyoday Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm

HPILGRIM, I was going to a state run free clinic for low income like you have .{ 1000.mo } They also gave me free Relpax

but they would not give me many .2 a week. so i bought on line or canada pharm.

I saw alot of Dr.s , nurse pract , P.A. and even a neuro.. They gave me excellant care and attention. We tried lots of things there.

You should look for one. It may be good. I hope you find lots of relief soon.!

ALWAYS ask for samples, they have them.

Last edited by rileyoday on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out info)

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Try this:http://www.4rx.com/online-pharmacy/categories/pain-relief/generic-imitrex.html?kbid=4548&sub=imitrex

10 100mgs. for $50.00... plus shipping, which for me was $16.50.
This is Sun Pharma, in India, I think...

Looks like CVS might be charging a little high -
I am hoping though, that what I get from India is actually sumatriptan...

Why does this have to be so hard??
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm able to drive into Mexico so that's actually a better option for me. 2 years ago, it was about $25 for 5 100 mg. tablets, a real bargain. I need to go down there again, I just have to get my dad to go with me (older male, and fluent in Spanish). It's about a 3 hour drive.

EDIT: just checked out your link. I've always felt a bit nervous using these online pharmacy sites, so I never have. They don't require a written prescription, do they?
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:15 am

Sun Pharma requires a script for some things, not for others. I saw my dr. and got a script from him, thinking I would need it, but they never asked...

I hope I haven't wasted money...

Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

generic imitrex Empty imitrex

Post  Norma Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:17 am

Holly let me know how the sumatriptan from India works. there is no reason to think it would not be OK, but some Asian countries don't do a good job of weeding out counterfeits

Norma

Norma

Back to top Go down

Post  rileyoday Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:58 am

HPILGREM I bought from that site before . it was good.. if you use a CCard your protected same as any thing

you buy online. I dont know if it was that site but an order did not arrive in 3 weeks so they sent me another

right away. well it did show up then the replacement showed they said to keep it. Finally a break for me!

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 pm

My neuro wanted me to try Treximet, but my insurance company said I had to try and fail generic Imitrex and Alleve before they'd pay for it. Since it's basically the same thing as Treximet I didn't see an issue. I tried it and it didn't work well, while the samples of Treximet the neuro gave me did. She said that she's had very poor results with generic Imitrex. She said it's just not working as well as the brand name. I have call her office and see if the receptionist/nurse can call the insurance company and get the waiver for me.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  wannabe1 Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm

I used the generic for about a year. It worked; but with not quite the same strength as true Imitrex. It didn't interfere with my blood pressure meds at all. I hope it works!!

wannabe1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down