migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't stop it

2 posters

Go down

Can't stop it Empty Can't stop it

Post  Jewishmother Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:51 pm

My most prevalent migraine symptom is loss of consciousness...........occurs everyday.....no matter how hard I try to not let it happen it takes over. Slowly my brain starts to shut down - can't think straight, get too unsteady to walk, eventually it feels like this fog rolls in and I can't stay conscious. I come back about 30 minutes later - a slow return and then have to spend a couple of hours laying down before I have the strength to move again.

I am just so frustrated...........there is this large part of me that is unable to reconcile that this happens, that I have no control, that it always wins..............Sometimes I am pretty good at accepting this part of my migraine experience but lately it just brings me to tears when I come back and I realize that I have lost again.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Can't stop it Empty Re: Can't stop it

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:48 am

Hi,

I lose conciousness several times a day (though I am only out for a second or two). I have never been sure if it is part of the migraine or not as it has been diagnosed at POTS (othostatic hypotension)/Neurocardiogenic Syncope. Right now, there is disagreement about the diagnosis- so it is now labeled "Undiagnosed".

Thirty minutes is a long time. Have they checked out your heart and everything to rule out POTS or other problems that can cause fainting? Or has everything else been rulled out because it is clearly migraine-related?
I am just really curious because I have been battling the fainting thing for a few years and no one has ever mentioned the fainting as part oof the migraine.

Pleasr let us know.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down