migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sketch with Morecambe/Wise and André Previn

2 posters

Go down

sketch with Morecambe/Wise and André Previn Empty sketch with Morecambe/Wise and André Previn

Post  Swisslady Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:25 am

Hello all
A few days ago I happend to find this sketch on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7GeKLE0x3s
It is absolutely great and whenever I feel blue (and that happens quite often these days because of very frequent m.attacks) I have one more look at it and feel better afterwards. Moreover, I couldn't help falling in love with young André Previn... He is over 80 now. If you haven't seen it before I can only recommend to do it. Though I understand most of it in the meantime, maybe one of you could tell me what Eric Morecambe says when he stands in front of the orchestra (05.10): "I've seen better bands on the ....".
Enjoy yourself. Best wishes and kind regards!
Swisslady
Swisslady

Back to top Go down

sketch with Morecambe/Wise and André Previn Empty Re: sketch with Morecambe/Wise and André Previn

Post  Mini Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 am

I think what he is saying is that: "I have seen a better band on a cigar".

It is a brilliant scetch, and still very funny after all these years, and Andre Previn is in a good form as a comedian himself. Thank you for posting.
Sorry about your pain, it can easily get your down, expecially before Chrismas when there is so much to do.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

sketch with Morecambe/Wise and André Previn Empty Re: sketch with Morecambe/Wise and André Previn

Post  Swisslady Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:09 am

Thank you, Mini, for your reply. "Cigar" is what I thought to understand as well. But what the heck means "a band on the cigar"?
Have a good day. Cheers
Swisslady
Swisslady

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:06 pm

I agree this does not make an immediate sense, but I think on each good cigar there is usually a decorative band, with the name of the producer.
Anyway, the main thing is that the video is great and the quality of picture is excellent which is not always the case with old youtube videos so it was good to see it, Swisslady.Thank you.

Last edited by Mini on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Swisslady Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:37 am

Oh yes, Mini, now I got it! It's a pun. "Band" on the cigar and "band" what Morecambe very disrespectfully names the London Philharmonic. Thank you very much, something more to laugh about, and thank you for your kind replies, too. I hope that you are fine today.
Best wishes for a peaceful and painless festive season to all of you and kind regards.
Swisslady
Swisslady
Swisslady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down